• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Fill your tires with helium

So much for that discussion!

He can get a new car for less than that

Shut up Colin, I liked it better when you didn't bring silly dissucions in here.

PS, I have your two sticks of tubing if you wanna swing by and grab them sometime.

Shut up Colin, I liked it better when you didn't bring silly dissucions in here.

PS, I have your two sticks of tubing if you wanna swing by and grab them sometime.

I'LL SWING MY DICK INTO YOUR FACE!!!!

He can get a new car for less than that

Not for him, for me. We were talking about it last night.

So you'd like it better with nothing to read and this thread dead? Sounds boring. Just like your build thread. :D

Sure, unless you want to drop them off. I have no way of hauling 20 ft sticks right now. I'll buy you 99 at the next M&G. Speaking of which, you guys want to do one this coming Thursday?

What injectors do you need, any stock apps for them? I have a JY run to make sometime today probably.

I might be down for 99, not sure.

So you'd like it better with nothing to read and this thread dead? Sounds boring. Just like your build thread. :D

Sure, unless you want to drop them off. I have no way of hauling 20 ft sticks right now. I'll buy you 99 at the next M&G. Speaking of which, you guys want to do one this coming Thursday?

I prefer funny pics and posts by carmelo.

Well figure something out.

you are just upset your axles weigh 2 tons each

Like is it more of a ratio than something you want to completely diminish?

It's a ratio to an extent, but it's more about having more control over the movement of the sprung mass, and easier suspension tuning as a result.

The shocks and springs rely on the sprung mass to act against the unsprung mass. When a 1000-lb Dana 60 hits a whoop and shoots up it, if there's not enough inertia to the sprung mass riding on top of it to counteract that, it just pushes the sprung mass upward as well instead of compressing the shock/springs.

You do reach a point of diminishing returns eventually, as at some point the sprung mass has enough inertia that whatever input the unsprung mass tries to give it won't accelerate it fast enough to matter. That's the reason why those gigantic XXXXing box truck things can haul ass through Dakar...the truck has enough sprung mass to it that the inertia of the body keeps it pretty stationary while the axles & tires do work underneath it...although it still requires a shit-ton of damping just for the heat dissipation. That's a lot of energy being absorbed in the shocks.

This is one reason why I wanted to try the TTB thing...the driver's side (heavier) arm can be easily picked up and carried around by one person, the diff is aluminum, and even then, only half the weight of the complete assembly contributes to the unsprung weight. So in that case, my 3,000 lb lil race truck has the possibility of much better suspension control than a 3,000 lb XJ with a few more hundred pounds of axle floating under it.

What injectors do you need, any stock apps for them? I have a JY run to make sometime today probably.

I might be down for 99, not sure.

I think 87-93 350s should be what I want. Basically any 350 that has TBI on it, just take the whole thing if it's cheap enough.

sure. i need to grab some stuff from people.

Sounds righteous.

It's a ratio to an extent, but it's more about having more control over the movement of the sprung mass, and easier suspension tuning as a result.

The shocks and springs rely on the sprung mass to act against the unsprung mass. When a 1000-lb Dana 60 hits a whoop and shoots up it, if there's not enough inertia to the sprung mass riding on top of it to counteract that, it just pushes the sprung mass upward as well instead of compressing the shock/springs.

You do reach a point of diminishing returns eventually, as at some point the sprung mass has enough inertia that whatever input the unsprung mass tries to give it won't accelerate it fast enough to matter. That's the reason why those gigantic XXXXing box truck things can haul ass through Dakar...the truck has enough sprung mass to it that the inertia of the body keeps it pretty stationary while the axles & tires do work underneath it...although it still requires a shit-ton of damping just for the heat dissipation. That's a lot of energy being absorbed in the shocks.

This is one reason why I wanted to try the TTB thing...the driver's side (heavier) arm can be easily picked up and carried around by one person, the diff is aluminum, and even then, only half the weight of the complete assembly contributes to the unsprung weight. So in that case, my 3,000 lb lil race truck has the possibility of much better suspension control than a 3,000 lb XJ with a few more hundred pounds of axle floating under it.

[literal]

So what you're saying is the fact that my drivetrain is adding a lot of weight is a GOOD thing then?

[/literal]

:laugh:

Last edited:

In a way, yes. That's part of the reason why my XJ got by as well as it did...because that 1200-lb premium I carried over everyone else was all sprung weight, and with basically the same axles & tires as everyone else, the body had more inertia to keep going in a straight line rather than get tossed around.

Since I worked a bunch of overtime this week, I can use it to take an extra day off next week instead of more money.

Not sure which I'd rather do at this point.

I could use the extra day to haul ass on the MJ.

Since I worked a bunch of overtime this week, I can use it to take an extra day off next week instead of more money.

Not sure which I'd rather do at this point.

I could use the extra day to haul ass on the MJ.

think of nac-fest

lets go build up sweet dump trucks and race them

308761_516155450444_226300669_285545_7896722_n.jpg

sure. i need to grab some stuff from people.
speaking of which you gonna be around tonight? I am in a stupid hurry about that battery tray

I think 87-93 350s should be what I want. Basically any 350 that has TBI on it, just take the whole thing if it's cheap enough.

Sounds righteous.

[literal]

So what you're saying is the fact that my drivetrain is adding a lot of weight is a GOOD thing then?

[/literal]

:laugh:
chevy injectors?!?!?!?!? your dad is gonna kill you!

I'll see what I can find.

In a way, yes. That's part of the reason why my XJ got by as well as it did...because that 1200-lb premium I carried over everyone else was all sprung weight, and with basically the same axles & tires as everyone else, the body had more inertia to keep going in a straight line rather than get tossed around.
my full frame is a racing improvement :dunce:

I've come to an interesting conclusion lately.

I actually really like my job. If I could sit here and do my job all day long, that'd be awesome.

What pisses me off, gets me annoyed, and puts me in a foul mood is when things get in the way of me doing my job. If I can't get access to a drawing I need, if I wind up having to do other peoples' jobs just to do my own (or when I can't do anything because I"m waiting on someone), if there's some beaurocratic or political nonsense that prevents me from getting something accomplished...those are the things that I loathe every day.

So I think maybe I'll start by *just* doing my job, which in the short term is gonna piss me off because that means I won't actually be able to do my job :)laugh:), but in the bigger picture what I'm doing now isn't helping because I'm keeping a lot of problems from having the visibility they need to actually get solved.

Hmmph.

Back