• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toy Run, Phelan area, Dec 8th, 0900

jjmat3

NAXJA Forum User
More info can be found here> http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26100 Baldy Mesa trail

Hey Jeepers!
The 2008 toy run is a go! Please bring a $15+ toy or gift card (per vehicle) from a place like WalMart, BestBuy, Target, Circuit city, etc. Gift cards would work well for the older kids so they can at least buy a CD or DVD with it. Toys for younger children would be great too.

We are meeting at the Mc Donalds at the 15 & 138 at 3230 WAGON TRAIN RD, PHELAN, CA 92371 at 0900 hrs and will leave at 0930.

Angel Tree will be advertising to get others to show up too and maybe we can make this a worthwhile trip. Please see if you can spread the word to friends or family, etc. to bump up our numbers or to just collect extra toys.

The event is for the Angel Tree organization located in Pinion hills/Phelan area of San Bernadino county. This event has helped many children over the last few years and was originally started by our first club Pres. Clint (skrracing).

PLMK ASAP if you can Commit to showing up and how many vehicles you will have with you. This is an easy trail (Baldy Mesa) so stock 4x4 SUV's can make it. It is an excuse to hit the dirt w/ your family and contibute to a good cause.

Thanks, John Mathys (JJsKJ)
LOST JEEPS President
BTW, Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Last edited:
jjmat3 said:
(not that anyone here cared)

Come on JJ, is that really necessary? :rolleyes:

Folks here do care. They usually don't post up to toy drives until after Thanksgiving. If I remember correctly, last year we had several folks at the Toys-for-Tots drive in Orange. Unfortunately, I have heard that the TFT event is not happening this year, but I will be looking into this weekend.

I thought Baldy Mesa would be open.

Just checked, closed due to RR construction.
Why not do some runs up and around Gobblers Knob/Lytle Creek?

I'm definately interested in the run, just not sure what stage of (de)construction the Jeep will be in.

Last edited:
jjmat3 said:
Please delete, event cancelled due to trail closures.
(not that anyone here cared)

rpraterxj said:
Come on JJ, is that really necessary? :rolleyes:

Yeah... I was excited to do a Toy Run this year.. But now, I only want to go with people who "care"

E

Where is Phelan?

EliasJ123 said:
Yeah... I was excited to do a Toy Run this year.. But now, I only want to go with people who "care"

E

Yeah and I was going with E-LIE-US !!!!! hahaha

Man, where you been? Missed you. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!!!!

PM'd you my new cell #

Hey lookit that! My pot stirrin' spoon is working....

at least now I am getting the attention I crave.

Sorry folks, the run is cancelled due to trail closures and time coordination problems w/ the Angel Tree folks. Please find a Toys-for-Tots or similar toy program to donate your toys too.

Thanks for the interest!!

Back