• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hotels

XJCasper

NAXJA Member #1042
For anyone not camping, or not wanting to camp? Where are you staying. Where is the closest Hotels in Yakima?

There is a motel; Whistlin Jacks in Cliffdell ,thats 6 miles from the Kaner Flat Campground where we staged last years event. But I heard it is spendy. Beyond that don't know much.

Hans

Yakima is the closest city to the meet.

The best place probably to stay in Yakima is the Comfort Suites. It's right by the exit/ramp to the highway that takes you up the pass to the meet. Plus it's newer. I believe most of the rooms are in the 80-150 dollar a night range. There are a handfull of other decent hotels in Yakima, but they are all on the otherside of town. We've got a couple Red Lion's, a Clarion, The Oxford Suites and Inn, and a Holiday Inn, that I think are all pretty decent places.

Whistlin Jacks is over 250 a night for a cabin, but you can put at least 4 people to a cabin, so if people are coming in groups that may be an option. I forget at the moment how much a motel room is. I want to say somewhere from 120-150 a night. But they are riverfront... there is only 8 of those, though.

The cabin's are worth it, if you can afford them, there are some that sleep 8 people, and most have hot tubs. Half of them are less then 100 feet from the river. But they do have a lot of Wedding's up there during the summer, so it may already be booked. We did that a couple years ago, booked the entire resort 13 months in adavanced, I guess that isn't too unusual, so if you want to stay there you better act fast, and you may already be too late.

If any of you need any help getting a room or finding your way around just let me know and i can meet you guys whenever you want, I Live in yakima so ican help you with where the different motels are and how close they are to the freeway. Yakima is anywhere from an hour to 45 mins from little naches/kaner flats. If you want you can PM me and i'll give you my phone #.

Dingo

So far, I am leaning towards the Comfort Suites. Is there anything else closer in the Yakima area?

theres a couple more up there, but i cant think of the names off the top of my head...i'll haveta call my grandma and ask

If anyone cares, My family is staying here:

Quality Inn
12 E. Valley Mall Blvd. , Yakima, WA, US, 98903
Phone: (509) 248-6924 Fax: (509) 575-8470

Back