• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for help

kcjeep6

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Let me introduce myself, my name is Ken Clarke, I am the Northern California Director for the California Off-Road Vehicle Association. We are a group of volunteers that work politically and proactively to keep public lands open to the public. One area we work extensively on is the Forest Service Motorized Travel Plan which has closed at least a third of the Forest Service Roads in California plus established Wet Weather Closures in most of our Forest. We have an opportunity to possibly change the Motorized Travel Plan. What brings me here is we need some help from wheelers in Texas for a project we are working on. I am looking for a statewide organization to work with us.

CORVA works differently than BLC or UFWDA, as a matter of fact we are considered the Outlaws of Land Use Organizations by most other organizations. Despite being outlaws we have been very effective in reopening trails, we have an active lawsuit against Plumas National Forest concerning Travel Management, led by the Pacific Legal Foundation that will go to the Supreme Court if needed. We are Interveners (we are helping to defend the State) in two lawsuits against the State of California Parks concerning two State Off-Highway Vehicle Parks.

If anyone could provide me with contact information of a likeminded organization it would be most helpful. Happy Trails Ken.

Back