• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockers and a Lift... decisions... decisions

saltilloxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 XJ limited. I am trying to find out how to tell what my rear axle is I believe it is a Dana 35, but how do I know if it'ss with or without a c-clip? I know I don't have ABS though. Any help would be appreciated since I would like to buy the right locker. Also I am looking at lifts and I can't deicidebetween an Old Man Emu 3" or a RE 3.5" any REAL reasons to go one way or the other. That aren't just hype. Oh yeah and I don't want to make my highway ride any worse since 5 out of 7 days I am on pavement... unfortunately.
Thanks to all

'90s have a d35 c- clip
ome=good ride, it will sit lower than the RE
RE=great flex and durability especially with the full leaf pack kits

go with RE and you wont regret it

if you have the budget for OME go for it -

in the end - its your jeep - so do what you want in the end... when you say that your putting a locker in the d35 dont be suprised if people let you know "dont polish a turd"

Yeah but guys the cost of replaceing a d35???

I am on a tight budget and I am trying to get the most bang for my buck! Of course I don't need any think banging from the rear axle. What are inexpensive alternatives to the d35?

nothing. someone is selling a super 35 kit in the for sale forum. you could try and find a 8.25 29 spline for cheap more than likely. or a dana 44 can be had for around 300-400$

what would be your defanition of inexpencive? you dont often hear the words Axles swap and inexpencive used togeather. If you arnt going to go any larger then 31" tires with a locker you should be alright as long as you dont go rock crawling and really hammer one it or anything. Just use common sence there. its not the strongest axle ever. If you think you will need to do an axle swap I'd suggest a ford 8.8. Its as strong if not stronger, depending on who you ask, then a D44 and it comes with disc brakes. It is a little narrower then your 35 though. i forget how much but its not too bad. Do some searches and you'll find plenty of info.

Back