• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please help! Looking for my first XJ in NOCO area!

Gotta agree, should have passed. If there's that kind of rust just on the doors more is lurking and body work on a unibody is a b. To each their own though.

Gotta agree, should have passed. If there's that kind of rust just on the doors more is lurking and body work on a unibody is a b. To each their own though.

Yeah unfortunately it's likely to be pretty ugly behind those rear bumper end caps, under the carpet and the storage area under the back seat just above the muffler..... you'll want to give that area a good looking at. Exhaust fumes and fire danger when the floor gets perforated with rust.

But yeah, if it's a good runner/driver, $2800 isn't terrible. We Colorado folks tend to be pretty picky about the rust issue since they're not as commonly rusted out here - no reason to deal with it, clean ones come around all the time.

White is a pretty common color so you have a good likelihood of finding white replacement doors at the pull-n-pay yards. :thumbup:

^ What he said.

https://upullandpay.com/colorado-springs/search-inventory/?Make=Jeep&Model=Cherokee

1.jpg

Gee, I managed to fix the electrical gremlins on a 97. Had to pay to find out the answer, but it's still running fine 6 years later.

To the OP, just so you know... Fred is an electrical engineer. YMMV. :D

Nope, just a chem e., but my dad was a radio engineer. I have the schematic for the fix somewhere. I'm pretty sure I posted it here, but, age, you know. :)

I do, which is why inthough you were sparky, not chem... but a jack of all trades nonetheless!

Back