• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinion 12v Impact wrench

XJ99

NAXJA Forum User
XJ99 said:
am I wasting my money or what, I guess It kind of comes down to being lazy, but what do you think of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/12V-1-2-EMERGENCY-IMPACT-WRENCH-KIT-15139_W0QQitemZ7547857263QQcategoryZ71297QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

plugs Into your cig outlet or your car battery and takes off your lug nuts, If your too lazy like myself to get out the lug wrench....

Do you think It would work on anything else, stuck bolts etc? It says 334ft lbs tq

334ft lbs of torque ? To remove LUG NUTS ?? If thats the case I'm thinking their on too tight...:D

:rolleyes: DOUBTFUL.

Don't know about that one specificlly but I've used a couple of snap-on and Craftsman ones, not 12v though, these were standard A/C and they worked pretty well. One mech at one of the shops I take care of has I think an 18v rechargable that he said works for about 20 wheels then he has to switch battery packs. I did not notice the brand, just noticed that I could hear it and saw no wires or hoses where he was working out on the asphalt. The only reason he bought it was because he does not have a compressor at home and he does a bit of side work. It wasn't cheap either, around $180 if I remember correctly.

In one weekend I saw two become worthless before the first lug nuts were even loose. Just might be a waste of money on those. On the other hand, I have seen the Snap On rechargable ones work pretty good tho'.

chris

The on on the link is made by harbor freight...i would take a look there it might be cheaper than ebay.

My experience is a lot of their stuff is good for a few uses and then you toss it whihc is good for certein things. If you are onna use it a lot i would go get something like the AC craftsman unit.

pete

That wrench came from JC Whitney, HF brand it Chiago electric.
BTW the 337 is BPM not FT-LB the FT-LB is 150
10025954.gif

Last edited:
Back