• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering stabilizer!!!

kenny811

NAXJA Forum User
So I’m re doing my set up, I’ve noticed some are clamped to the tie rod, some to the track bar. Mine is on the track bar. What’s the difference??? Post your opinion here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say trac bar, do you mean drag link? If it’s bolted to the trac bar, maybe that is why you think it needs to be redone and is not working.

It’s the clamp style, and I think I meant drag link😮. It’s just worn out, and when I get my new one I’ll either put back where it is now, or move it. Just not sure the pros or cons of where it clamps.

I forget what type of steering setup you have.

However, I would choose tie-rod. Assuming you're using the stock axle side location, I'd mount it to the tie-rod to keep everything on the same plane. The stock mount is set up for it to run parallel with the axle, which would mean the tie-rod would match it best. The drag link I would think would have too much angle, and bind the bushings.

With that being said, if all the steering joints are tight, a stabilizer isn't really needed. When I had my Currie steering, I ditched it all together.

It all works, just worn out. Torx, it’s OTK, with himes. Being bolted to the track bar, it’s at a perfect angle, no bind at all. So that’s probably where I’ll keep it.

Back