• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hemi tuners

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
So I just got done towing around 575 miles to and from Harlan KY over a series of pretty mountainous interstates. I averaged about 8.9 mpg while towing. On the flats it held 75 mph pretty well, but on the uphills it struggled to find a gear and oftentimes would shoot to 5000 rpm to get back to 70 mph.

I've been reading about the plug-in tuners that are supposed to help with horsepower, torque, towing, and the like. I've seen some as low as $79, some as high as $500+, and the Jet Stage 2 tuners around $250.

Is this a gimmick or is there some legitimacy to it. Can anyone give me some input on using a tuner on a 5.7 Commander?

makes a world of difference. I used a Superchips Flashpaq on my Grand with Hemi. Different trans shift points is what you're looking for so you don't want the cheapest one you can find. Also did CAI and was going to do exhaust but then I sold it

Also got better mileage with nothing behind it as well.

Back