• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you towing with?

ARB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Lets see what your using to pull your junk

Dumpbronco.jpg

06 GMC 5500 dump (pic w/ my old bronco) ...yes overkill but o well

3/4ton 1992 suburban
DSC04495Large.jpg

26851_1395442725765_1223111494_1149.jpg

Nothing fancy but it gets the job done.
05 with the 5.3 and 3.73's.

100_7585.jpg

'02 Durango 4x4 with the 5.9L. Towed really well even tho I was scared the whole time. I'm thinking of putting a weight distrubuting hitch on it soon. I'll never buy a pickup truck - just not for me. I don't look good in a pickup :D and it would have to be a DD too. Plus I can't back the damn things up. No way.
Next time & until I get the Durango better equipped I will be using my friend's '09 Tundra 4x4 with the 5.7 motor. I'll be more comfortable, but still not looking good :p .

Tow2.jpg

I've always thought of the Commander as being kinda light, I dunno ... I remember loading my Jeep up on the trailer that the Commander was hauling ... or trying to do so. Okay it didn't have a Hemi, but the whole setup damn near picked up the Commander front wheels off the ground! Then we did it with the Durango instead. She just sat there & took it. We ended up having the Commander haul the CJ instead. My XJ is a fat pig :(

That's a sweet looking XK ...

Thanks, My XK has the complete towing package which includes the trailer sway control and heavier rear springs and of course the tranny cooler and such. The owners manual is saying 7400# capacity. I plan on a weight distributing hitch regardless.

99 dodge ram 1500 5.9L v8. and i flat tow the xj behind that. i custom modified a RV like tow bar for the jeep that i tied into the stock tow hook brackets for more mounting points to the frame. i just picked up an old 73 cab over camper so we will see how she handles the both of them at the AZ rockfest next month.

I guess I'm the only one that drives a real tow rig...2007 Chevrolet 3500 crew cab long bed with a duramax and some go fast parts. Pushing a little over 500hp and 900 ftlbs to the wheels. I love the thing and it pulls down the highway at 75 without downshifting on inclines. Unlike my old 2001 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins.

I guess I'm the only one that drives a real tow rig...2007 Chevrolet 3500 crew cab long bed with a duramax and some go fast parts. Pushing a little over 500hp and 900 ftlbs to the wheels. I love the thing and it pulls down the highway at 75 without downshifting on inclines. Unlike my old 2001 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins.

:rolleyes:

Winterfestoh-ten062.jpg

Winterfestoh-ten063.jpg

2002 Chevy Blazer ZR-2 4WD

4.3L Vortec with bunch of bolt-on mods
built 4L60E with shift kit and trans cooler
4.56 gears front/rear, selectable locker rear
33x12.50R15 BFG A/T on 15x8 rims

It do the job... thats all

Did you mod the truck yourself, or buy it that way? And, everyone I know with CTD powered vehicles is totally happy with them, and the mileage. Most stock, mild or even decently modded Durapuke's I have seen get crappy mileage towing or not. CTD's are the only ones I know that can get mid-teens+ towing.

Did you mod the truck yourself, or buy it that way? And, everyone I know with CTD powered vehicles is totally happy with them, and the mileage. Most stock, mild or even decently modded Durapuke's I have seen get crappy mileage towing or not. CTD's are the only ones I know that can get mid-teens+ towing.

I modded it myself. I loved my old cummins that motor was a beast for an 01. But diesel technology came a long way in the 6 year difference. I heard about d-maxs getting crappy mileage beefore I bought it too. I just pulled my xj down from north Dakota to Alabama and averaged 14.8 MPG with an average speed of 68mph so it does pretty decent. My old truck only averaged 12ish towing at the same speed. But in all fairness if I could get a Cummins in my truck without destroying the ifs I would do it. Sorry for the long post.

Tyler

99 dodge ram 1500 5.9L v8. and i flat tow the xj behind that. i custom modified a RV like tow bar for the jeep that i tied into the stock tow hook brackets for more mounting points to the frame. i just picked up an old 73 cab over camper so we will see how she handles the both of them at the AZ rockfest next month.
I'd like to see pics of the modification & tow bar ...

Back