• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Speaking of phones....

iPhone 4s or Bionic/Razr?

Go.

Here's my thoughts...

It's a work phone.
I love the iPad; it just works.
I like the screen sharpness of the iPad 3, not sure how it is on the 4S.
Only got to purchase apps once, and I can use most of both iPad and 4S.
I don't want to give up flash.
I don't want to give up the ability to plug in SD cards.
I don't want to give up being able to just plug my phone in and see the files like a flash drive and not have to sync with some dumb apple software.
My droid3 has a physical keyboard, an sd card slot (the tiny one, microsd?), a 1080p capable video camera, a decent screen, synchs my contacts to my gmail-for-domains, and works like a flash drive for both the built in memory and the sd card slot. I like it, it does have some minor quirks but most of them are caused by me not really being a gentle phone user, which is why I got the insurance. It is rootable, should you decide to do so.

I like my iPhone. I'm dumb and it's easy to use. I put the otter box case on it and it's fine with me. The case also has one of those fancy belt clips too so that's a nice touch.

drilling through leaf springs:

should i just run the 5/16" bolts (i think they are 5/16") and let the u bolts do the rest?

or drill them out to 3/8"?

and whats the best way to drill them out? ive heard carbide tipped masonry bits are best for this with lots of cutting oil, but ill probably try a die grinder first to enlarge them.

insight?

Ordered alloys from Poly, on the 30th I got confirmation that they shipped from an alternate warehouse. Still no shafts. I sent an email Saturday, no answer yet. Think I should PM/call them yet?

drilling through leaf springs:

should i just run the 5/16" bolts (i think they are 5/16") and let the u bolts do the rest?

or drill them out to 3/8"?

and whats the best way to drill them out? ive heard carbide tipped masonry bits are best for this with lots of cutting oil, but ill probably try a die grinder first to enlarge them.

insight?

Run 3/8" bolts.

Colin and I used masonry bits on his leaves for his MJ. Worked mint.

Ordered alloys from Poly, on the 30th I got confirmation that they shipped from an alternate warehouse. Still no shafts. I sent an email Saturday, no answer yet. Think I should PM/call them yet?

Call them. I don't waste my time emailing a company.

Run 3/8" bolts.

Colin and I used masonry bits on his leaves for his MJ. Worked mint.

I used 7/16" socket cap bolts. The carbide tipped masonry bits worked mint. Buy 2-3 of them incase you bend/break one.

You'll also need the right size drill bit to open up the spring perch on the axle for the head of the bolt.

Actually if you want Sam, I think I still have a few of those bolts left (with locking nuts) as well as both drill bits required (masonry bit and bit for the head of the bolt).

Text me tonight and I'll double check.

I'm really not happy with chrysler and their infernal staked flag nut creation on the axle end track bar bolt... it just broke the flag off even though I heated it red hot with oxy first, then quenched with pbblaster.

Why did you quench it, and not try removing it when you had it hot? Probably why it broke.

I wanted to thermally shock the parts apart to break the rust better, and also was afraid that the flag would rip off if it was red hot.

Dude from poly it back to me. Superior is back ordered for another week. Look like I'll be pussy footing it at Gretchen's next week.

And ken, heat those XXXXers up and wrench on them. I have never quenched them and have never broken a bolt that was red hot.

Dude from poly it back to me. Superior is back ordered for another week. Look like I'll be pussy footing it at Gretchen's next week.

And ken, heat those XXXXers up and wrench on them. I have never quenched them and have never broken a bolt that was red hot.

U shouldn't of been such a skunt and ordrred from ECGS or EAS

Back