• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifting blocks with Deavers

nokuout

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced my old leafs with a new set of deaver 4" lift leaf pack. The jeep now sits 1.5 lower in the rear with the new leaf pack. Thinking about just putting a 1.5" lifting block in to raise the rear. I need the clearance to prevent the tires from rubbing at full compression.

Any thoughts on the use of lifting blocks? I've heard conflicting views on the use of them.

Thanks in advance!

In general for our rigs lift blocks are bad. Our springs are no where as stiff as full size rigs are which use them from the factory. But if you must use one, smaller the better.
How are you on shackles? Do you have shackle relocators and a lift shackle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have lift shackles. Trying to figure out whether I need to have custom shackles made or not.

Of note, I have deaver coil springs in front as well. There is a noticeable sag in the rear after putting these Deavers on.

Going to call Deaver for some input as well.

What would be the drawback to putting a 1.5" lifting block in?

Thanks guys!

to keep the tires out of the fenders at full compression you need to address bumpstops first

Back