• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ - Electric Fan Conversion Kit!

WebDog

NAXJA Forum User

NOW COMES STANDARD WITH ALUMINUM FAN SHROUDS!

Starts at $189.99

http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/featured/xj-electric-fan-conversion-kit/

Tired of the stock mechanical fan or worried about losing your radiator from the fan digging into it. Out electric fan conversion replaces the stock mechanical and electrical fan with three 10″ electric fans, with an average CFM of 4,336 CFM.

With the standard fan controller the fans are set to come on in two stages, the first fan will turn on at 185* and then the other two fans will turn on at 205*. This is a non programable thermostatic switch made in Germany for the highest of quality.

With the digital fan controller the fans are set to come on in one stage, the first fan is to be wired into ACC power or our optional 180* temp switch and then the other two fans come on at the temperature you choose between 160 – 210*.

We tested our fans and this is real world CFM numbers:

Average: 4,336.23
Min: 4,077
Max: 4,650

Installation will require installing sensor probe into upper heater hose and minor trimming of upper radiator support.

Now because this kit was mainly developed from feedback on this forum I will give you guys a better promo deal than the other boards, PM me for the code. It will be more than 10% if you are red letter member!

Last edited:
Good job! With those numbers, ought to work well in the southwest deserts.

How much clearance will there be between the new set-up and fan-clutch pulley?

Good job! With those numbers, ought to work well in the southwest deserts.

How much clearance will there be between the new set-up and fan-clutch pulley?

My engine is as far forward as possible and there is a little more then 1/2". On a normal engine i would say around 1".

The kit comes with new fan pulley bolts to replace the studs.

I really like this kit. I have a few questions.

My jeep runs right below 210 degrees. I think that's best for fuel mileage and overall performance. The efan usually doesnt kick on in normal use, but I have a switch wired so I can flip it on while wheeling.

With your kit, and only 1 fan running, where would the temp be? With the non adjustable switch, would the 2nd and 3rd fan pop on and prevent it from running near 210? I think its a bad idea to run below 205 degrees on a stock motor.

Thanks for the input.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned that in his thread in mod tech. At least I think it was him.

I really like this kit. I have a few questions.

My jeep runs right below 210 degrees. I think that's best for fuel mileage and overall performance. The efan usually doesnt kick on in normal use, but I have a switch wired so I can flip it on while wheeling.

With your kit, and only 1 fan running, where would the temp be? With the non adjustable switch, would the 2nd and 3rd fan pop on and prevent it from running near 210? I think its a bad idea to run below 205 degrees on a stock motor.

Thanks for the input.

The standard controller is two stage.

One Fan on at 185*.

The other two fans on at 205*.

So you should stay just a hair below the 210 mark.

For my jeep I can have all fans off on the highway and it will sit at 180*.

anybody know what cfm a stock fan setup pulls? i like this kit. only question i have is can i run it with a stock alternator? just want to compared the cfm on these compared to stock.

so what im seeing form this chart is that the stock mechanical fan combined with the stock electrical fan pulls more air then this kit does. or am i wrong?

so what im seeing form this chart is that the stock mechanical fan combined with the stock electrical fan pulls more air then this kit does. or am i wrong?

Yes, but you're missing a few details. The stock mechanical fan pulls more air than just about any other option. It's also a heavy parasitic drag on the system. Results have shown that replacing it with an electric fan will yield slightly better mileage in some cases and better "butt-dyno" in the performance category.

You can pull adequate air with dual OEM later model fans. The only problem with that, is as found by the vendor's study here, is that they pull a lot of amps upon startup. Not recommended unless you have an upgraded electrical system.

What this vendor is pumping is a ready to drop in fan set that cools sufficiently, alleviates the drag problem, fits in the stock space (harder than you realize), and can work with the stock electrical system.

Na Klar?

So can this just drop in? Or what other additions are needed to get it plugged in? I don't want anything that is more difficult than it needs to be. Don't need anything fancy.

It is as drop in a kit like this can be.

You remove the stock fans and replace the studs with included bolts.

Trim the radiator support panel a little. and then it slides in.

Wiring is labled and easy to follow.

Back