• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Anybody looking for a good cordless impact wrench, Amazon deals of the day includes the DEWALT DCF899P1, which is the 700/1200 ft/lb model, with bag, charger, and 5 amp hour battery for $249

thats a damn good price. Im gonna have to think over buying that puppy. but then I have 4 different brands to deal with as far as batteries. Hmm...

That's a pretty good price, unfortunately I just bought a couple more Makita batteries in anticipation of getting theirs.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

If anyone's interested in some free Makita 9.6 volt stuff, let me know. I still have some drills, chargers, and even a few batteries that hold a charge. Those were the standard in the construction industry 25-30 years ago.

That's a pretty good price, unfortunately I just bought a couple more Makita batteries in anticipation of getting theirs.

Where did you get them. I’m down to one

Put in for my vacation today... Oct 8th-12th.

I told em at work that I would be out for the first 2 weeks in October. I am sure I will have to remind em.

Sweet!!!

mac ‘gonna be a blast!’ gyvr

I bought a couple of knockoff 4.0 ah Makita from Amazon for less than the cost of one
genuine Makita. Less than a year, one won't charge, other is still good so not sure if it was worth it or not yet.

That's what I'm gonna buy instead of sctual Makita batteries. It's actually cheaper for me to buy a combo with 2 5aH, impact, drill and imoct driver for less than buying just the impact and the 2 batteries. New name brand batteries are stupid expensive

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I told em at work that I would be out for the first 2 weeks in October. I am sure I will have to remind em.

I'm off from the 5th to the 21st. Got to have some recovery time when we get back.

JIM.

I bought a couple of knockoff 4.0 ah Makita from Amazon for less than the cost of one
genuine Makita. Less than a year, one won't charge, other is still good so not sure if it was worth it or not yet.
That's where I'm at. 3 or 4 years in, the originally three Makitas all still work and hold charge. But I wanted a couple more with the impact. I payed less for these two than I would have for one Makita brand name. Ask me in a year or two if it was worth it.

I'm off from the 5th to the 21st. Got to have some recovery time when we get back.

JIM.

Awesome!

Driving it or towing it?

mac ‘good times!’ gyvr

My knock off battery lasted one year. One of my original makita batteries is still alive after 6 years the other died after 4. I might pony up and get a makita 5ah

Amazon had some great deals on a couple of the dual 20v tool kits that included 2- 5ah batteries, and an additional 2- 5ah batteries. Unfortunately I already had the chain and circular saws, didn't need the leaf blower.
But sometimes it's worthwhile to look at kits where you can get an additional tool for not too much more than the cost of the batteries.

Back