• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive Shaft Length issues

rowley65flip

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 87 xj that i just swapped a 4.0 from a 97 into (had 2.5). I used the AW4 from the 87 and had to switch the trans mounts so the 4.0 would fit. this pushed my trans back about two inches. now my rear drive shaft is too long and my front is too short. Im going to a drive shaft shop tomorrow and need to know the length they need to be shortened and lengthened to. I have an AW4 with a 231 and dana 30/35 with a 1 inch tc drop and 4.5 inch rough country lift. should i go stock lengths for a 4.0? i have looked through every junk yard in my area and have not found any shafts. Also i know a sye is the way to go but im broke. thanks

Measure the distance between where you mount your driveshafts on the T case side and on the axle side. This will give you your operating length. The driveline shop should be able to figure out the right length you need your shafts shortened/lengthened to.

If they can't........:gag:

Back