• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gawd, I did it AGAIN. '41 Chevy

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
I told myself never again after the '48 Ford.

'41 Chevy Special Deluxe Sedan. No engine or trans.

Looked fairly complete from the pics.

Dude had it at "best offer, needs to go today". Text reply says "$1,000 with clear title." I offer $700, he says "Come get it, but I won't take any less."

Got there and yeah....... issues. The hood is all kinds of tweaked and separated across the center. Interior is non existent except for the frame and springs of the front seat. Rusty at the lower cowl area behind the fenders and small spot on driver's floor. No glass, guy has cut thin plywood to fit in the rear windows for some reason and plexiglass in the wing windows. Not huge issues but realistically, the body is really solid. Go to open the trunk and both pot metal hinge arms are broken so the lid just sits in place.

I ask to see the title. It's from 1959 where that owner had settled the lien on it. The next owner signed it with a notary seal stamped over it dated a few months after the lien release. Dunno, will the DMV allow me to sign as the buyer when the titled owner signed the seller's spot 58 years ago?

I go to look at the cowl tag and verify the VIN..... yeah, cowl tag is gone.

Sorry dude, not interested. I tell him I'd give him $400 for the value of the parts it has on it, mostly believing he'll say "nope." He says "ok."

Dammit. :laugh:

Now what do I do with it? :banghead:

IMG_20170111_135625588_zpsirybvfpi.jpg

IMG_20170111_135718780_HDR_zpsdqxcgr1y.jpg

IMG_20170111_140047057_HDR_zpsphtuvgzy.jpg

Last edited:
I told myself never again after the '48 Ford.

'41 Chevy Special Deluxe Sedan. No engine or trans.

Now what do I do with it? :banghead:
It needs an LS! Sorry, had to... :D

When did manufacturers start assigning VINs?

Ok, so "VIN" isn't the correct term to use here, it's the body number I suppose. There is a number on the title that should match the body tag in order to title and register this thing. Since it doesn't exist..... it's really not worth the effort to get a Colorado State Vehicle ID Tag done on it.

:eyes: Why not get a repop ID tag and then stamp it to match the title? I'm not saying I did that on a Willy's or anything, I'm just saying its an option. :eyes:

Tri-state swap is a month away. Put it there for a reasonable profitable price and it will sell.

That was the plan until the body tag issue.......

Dunno. Might still try it anyway.

Had hoped to put the '67 Olds for sale there with a good title, but I just haven't had the time to get that process going either.

Gawd I'm such a 'tard.

As long as you don't put super stupid prices on them, like most people do at the swap, they should sell. The cutlass is cool except that funky grille, but Olds people like funky, otherwise they wouldn't buy an Olds.

I put that '48 Ford in the car corral last year at $2300 and it sold for $1800........ but it had a transferable Nebraska title.

The Olds will likely run and drive with a tune up, full brake rebuild, and new gas tank. Running with a title is the goal.....time got away from me to get all that done in time for the swap meet.....unfortunately.

Ya would have had time if you weren't out shopping for '41 chevy scrap, ya dingus.:looser::D

I know....I know......

Ya know, if you collected stamps, that collection would fit in your house.

And gone! Had it sold twice at the Tri State swap meet and both backed out a short time later when I was supposed to meet them to take payment. ****ers......lol.

Then, as I was loading it up at the close of the show, a guy approached and bought it.

Didnt get rich but made a tidy profit, delivered it to Black Forrest where a Grandpa and Grandson will build it into the Grandson's first car for his 16th birthday in 2 years.

ya come to the hood and don't even stop by for a cold one and a Nilla? WTF? I curse you to be doomed to buy more untitled-classic-eventual-scrap! :D

ya come to the hood and don't even stop by for a cold one and a Nilla? WTF? I curse you to be doomed to buy more untitled-classic-eventual-scrap! :D

Trust me, I absolutely would have, but I was under way too tight of a time constraint Sunday.

Sure gets friggin dark out there when the sun goes down..... Was no fun trying to back the truck and trailer up that guy's narrow driveway between evergreens to his shop several acres back - no area large enough around the shop to turn a truck and trailer around. Why do people make winding driveways through the trees anyway? Can't do a straight shot? And it was all up hill on crushed / recycled asphalt. Gramps will have to get the Kuboda out and fill in all the ruts and tire digs I made pushing that trailer up in reverse.....:laugh:

OK, now I'm glad you didn't stop by to trash my winding crushed concrete drive too... :eyes:

Back