• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looks like im moving to salem. is this the right chapter?

Beamer

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all! It looks like the wife and I are relocating to salem and I will need to find a new chapter to wheel with. currently naxja socal. Haven't wheeled much out side of cal, Nevada, utah. running a once apon a time 87 MJ on 35" MRTs with all the things... looking for some local trail input and maybe some one to show me around the trails.
Any way ill prob be up there in the next month or so and thought id introduce myself. Beamer and my primer red mj Gertrude

Yep this is the right chapter! Welcome!

The chapters been quiet for awhile but I know we have several members down there, including John (Bronzewyrm) and Larry (Demonoid666)

We will have to get a snow run going, That's some of the best wheeling!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! I have mostly wheeled technical rock trails. I’m kinda assuming that it’s gonna be more dodging trees and slippery roots up there. Are there any rock crawling trails?

There are a few, we have rock gardens in tsf, I think a small one at the yacolt burns trails, Kingsley reservoir, Some of the most fun rock crawling is at naches, Washington where we hold our yearly northwest fest.
It's good to see more people showing up in the Salem and surrounding areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome! Im about 20min outside salem. The town leaves much to be desired:roflmao: but for wheeling in oregon, you will love it! Salem is centrally located to most of the OHV trail systems in oregon. about 1.5hr drive will take you to most of them in oregon. Rocks, yeah we have them, mostly the wet, slick, and smeared with PNW Peanut Butter, but yeah we have rocks. Most of the good rocks and rock trails are out east (over the pass in the bend/sisters area) but still less than a 3 hr drive from Salem. Like Scott said, snow season is here, and for us PNW's snow wheeling is the highlight of the year. hit me up anytime man, im always around and run an automotive customization/restoration shop here at the house, and i always like meeting new people!

HMU!
Bronze.

My wife and I are opening a spot downtown, coffee, food, wine, beer and such. Less excited about Salem than bend but we have family in Salem. Really haven’t wheeled in much mud so I guess this will be a learning experience. Definitely looking forward to some shade wheeling. We get burnt to a crisp out here!

Back