• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PNW4WDA

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
Hello again

My question is in regards to the Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association and NAXJA NWC.

Once upon a time when we registered for membership here it also came with a PNW4WDA membership. Do any of the OG's (if still here) know why this stopped? I know it has to be funded and im sure there was a budget thing that had something to do with it?

Just looking for some info. Club cost, plus and minuses, general logistics, anything really :rtm:

Links:
http://www.pnw4wda.org/membership.php
http://www.pnw4wda.org/individual.php
https://www.viethconsulting.com/members/newmem/registration.php?orgcode=PNWF

I want to get more involved with them as they are a direct link to what is going on in/on our land/trail systems.(Region 3 specifically) You can join as an individual member, but having it tied to club participation seem like the best was to drum up participation. And there are some added privileges you get by having a membership via "Member Club(s)"

Anywho, thanks in advance for anything you got. Looking forward to getting more involved for 2018. Any word on the Turkey shoot this year?

:cheers:
Bronze.

I don't recall a tie between the NWC and pnw4wda

But I would suggest sending a private message to Teresa Sullivan on Facebook (she ran the Trophy challenge a few years ago) She will probably be your best bet for membership questions..:wave:

False. It was the "United 4 Wheel Drive Association" we use to get a membership to on the national level as NAXJA was a member of the U4WDA. The NWC has never been a member of the PNW4WDA.

Any more info than that? it has been a while. im not surprised i had something a little off. But thanks, I guess.

I don't recall a tie between the NWC and pnw4wda

But I would suggest sending a private message to Teresa Sullivan on Facebook (she ran the Trophy challenge a few years ago) She will probably be your best bet for membership questions..:wave:

Yeah it is easy to get an individual membership as I stated in the OP. I was looking for more specifics on the club membership side of things as their are some added bonuses being a member through a club. I can see now my memory is a little off, and it was a totally different affiliation i was referring to. Was there a time that past BOD's talked about having "club Membership" through the "PNW4WDA?" i wish i would have known about this while treasurer, seems like a good place to donate excess funds. And a awesome place for involvement. I have ways to contact Teresa through several groups. i was more looking for info at the club participation level.

Thx for the info, ill keep digging.

Bronze.

No. I wouldn't support the NWC pursuing an associated club membership either.

We have made several large donations to their organization over the years to show our support.

True. Are there down sides? Why would you not support it? curious...

Bronze.

Well it's (PNW4WDA) really centered around Seattle people and the closest trails to them. They do not care about anything east of the Cascades and probably south of Mt St. Helens. It's always been that way.

That's not true, pnw4wda do trail maintenance all over the northwest.
They also have sub groups local to you that you can join. My father runs with thundertrucks for 25yrs and has donated countless hours of his time building trail bridges, removal of fallen trees,cleanup etc.

Back