• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Save the Date! Moab 2018

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
***October 9th - 13th, 2018***

NAXJA is holding the 35th Anniversary Celebration of the introduction of the XJ in 1983 on October 9th-13th, 2018 in Moab, Utah. The BOD has set the dates for the Moab event in 2018 and they want you to start saving your pennies for fuel, saving your precious vacation time, and wrenching on your junk, to prepare for this event.

If you have never been to Moab or only go every 5 years, this is the event to plan to attend.

There will be more information coming along as plans are set in stone, as well as an event forum, the BOD wants to get the dates out now. If you are interested in planning, helping, trail guiding or anything else that goes into making a event successful, please email or PM me. If you are a NAXA sponsor and are interested in being apart of this event, please PM me or sponsorship as we'll be coordinating efforts for opportunities for NAXJA vendors. In the coming days, I will be getting in contact with those who have helped in the past to see if they would like to help again in 2018.

To get an idea of what to expect, you can find the event forum for the 2013 event by clicking on this sentence.

It's well worth the trip. Only 488 days left!

mac 'they say you are planning your next Moab trip before you leave Moab' gyvr

Matt 'macgyvr' Rowland

Moab 2018 Event Coordinator

[email protected]

9018406be7adac4339ae7ce464edb053.png

So is slickrock still the party place or is there a new venue where everyone is at? Thinking about dragging the trailer out and staying the week.

So is slickrock still the party place or is there a new venue where everyone is at? Thinking about dragging the trailer out and staying the week.

We've heard the stories about slickrock the past couple of years and we're looking at different places to plant the flag. We'll know more in a couple of months.

It's unlikely that the 'party place' will be at slickrock, we are going to determine someplace suitable in the coming months.

mac 'party people' gyvr

I didn't see Josh's reply before I posted until now. Didn't mean to post the same info again. Stupid phones.

I will periodically update these chapter threads with info until we officially open the event forum in a few months.

The BOD has had folks asking for dates already, so the BOD decided to get them set for those that need to plan in advance.

mac 'if you plan it they will come' gyvr

I must know, what concept is this?

It is utopian ideal that only exists in the minds of dreamers. Don't worry about it.

That said, I would like to commend Mac for refraining from excessive use of the thumbs.

I am not sure that I've ever used :thumbup: before.

Josh says I use to many commas.

mac 'emoticon police' gyvr

Commas are fine.

They are like parenthesis to ensure correct order of operations in math. Fewer dumb mistakes that way.

I use Oxford commas quite a bit. For something as simple as 1,2 and 3 I would write it as 1,2 & 3. I like ampersands.

You must have loved the old BevMo: Beverages, & More

:jester:

All the information will be in posted when it's settled. We're still a good way out so we don't have things lined up. We'll be putting the IC folks to the task of helping us with recommendations on a place that splits the balance between lenient to certain shenanigans and not entirely run down.

Unfortunately Slick Rock has fallen into disrepair in recent years and, unless they suddenly sink some work into it, won't likely be our main HQ. Pity as we were good for quite a number of campsites sold.

Haven't been since 08, so I think it's time to go again! Probably tow out with the canyon this time

2338.2 miles for me...I wonder if the XJ will be up to the drive...would be a dream vacation if I can make it work.

Back