NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > Advanced Fabrication and Engineering
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Advanced Fabrication and Engineering For when your build is going off the charts. Wildly modified vehicles and straight up buggies welcome.

Old November 14th, 2017, 14:58
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 1991 Comanche Build(AKA the POS Jeep)

These arrived...

Old November 15th, 2017, 19:54
NAXJA Forum User

Spent time in the garage today. Built the cross member, just tacked together for now while I try to figure out my axle side mounts and coilover locations. I’m having the same issues everyone else has with managing the draglink, panhard and shock placement. Upper link on the body side is going to be vertical due to the exhaust and frame rail. Had to cut the floor to clear the mount. Also, cut out the inner fenders today for the coilover tower and tire clearance.

Old November 16th, 2017, 18:01
NAXJA Forum User

More garage time today, itís been a good week. Got my lockers, gears, shafts, install kits last night. 35 spline shafts are huge compared to the stock 30 spline.

Tacked all my links and brackets, then did a clearance checks, everything cleared with flying colors...I couldnít be happier.

Old November 16th, 2017, 18:07
NAXJA Forum User

More clearance pictures...

Old November 16th, 2017, 18:16
NAXJA Forum User

Started a simple bumper/crossmember for the front to maximize approach angle. Threw a couple shackle points and a receiver hitch...

Not a bad cut for free hand plasma huh...

Old November 17th, 2017, 18:50
NAXJA Forum User

Boring slow day today, started building lower coilover mounts...started with a 2”x4” of .250 that was 6” long. I cut it in half to 3” sections so the base was nice and wide. Then made up a template that I tried to mirror on all four sides...obviously it isn’t perfect but it’s close enough. Then I clamped the pieces to the table to grind two at once so it would be consistent. Then drilled some 1/2” holes... I know this is very basic, just trying to explain it for people who might think it’s too difficult to undertake easy tasks.

Then I moved onto making and reinforcing my driver side coilover upper mount, the tower is just tacked on for now and have to finish the rear...but it should have a strong base.

Old Yesterday, 18:52
NAXJA Forum User

Accomplishing things...everything besides the lower coilover brackets are on and welded. Painted the cross member and welded the outer segments to the unibody, forgot how much I hate welding to the unibody.

Started my tacking the cross member to some rectangular tube to keep it straight. Then cut 1/2” out so I could slide the plates in and weld them. Tacked the plates in and fully welded them.

Old Yesterday, 18:58
4lo&Go

1991 Comanche Build(AKA the POS Jeep)

Looking legit!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk