• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The junkyard find.

89limited_hero

NAXJA Forum User
I was at the Sherwood pick n pull looking for a grand Cherokee door. And seen a 92 xj 4.0l auto lifted sitting on rollers on the builders line up. Found my door. Talked to my girl about the jeep. The couple days later I bought it.

Its a 92 Laredo 4.0l aw4 np242. Brand new 6.5" rough country x-series. Jeep is painted tan needs all the plastics inside besides dash and counsel. No back seat. Has front seats drive side broken seat. Came with two other seat out of something else. Need the HnT finished.

So far I have replaced the fuel pump and put some 35's on it.
Plans for it
Zj disk swap rear
Zj rear seat swap
Finish HnT
Buttom up the interior
And a few other things from my old 89
Then drive it and wheel it

For some reason I can't post pics. I need to figure that out.

Cool, nice find and rescue!

Yeah it needs a little love. I have a set of manual doors I will install have I find a paint match and half door the factory power doors. Also debating on installing interior plastics or just sheet metal the cargo area and just door panels. Not sure I'm thinking simple will be easy to do.

Got some work done today. Swapped bumpers stock one went on to my old jeep and my heavy duty one went one my tan one after a fresh coat of satin black paint. I think I will be building a new front bumper and modifying this one in to a rear bumper once I cut and fold my rear quarters.

Should be able to button this up to be able to drive this weekend.
Finish k&n install
Electric fan install
Finish pump swap
Finish hack n tap
Install wiper motor and linkage
And install steering box brace
This is my must do list for the weekend then swap front seats if I have time.

After two sundays, this thing drives. Hack n tap finished and the rest of my need to list. Exhaust need work only a cat is sort of loud. Need to rebalance the tires and swap rims has a little wobble. Re worked some wiring to make a 89 wiper motor work. The stock one was broke and passenger linkage had popped off. And while I was at it I painted the hood and cowl satin black to off set the flat tan bedliner. Will paint the roof black too once I get a few more cans of paint.

https://imgbb.com/

Figure an update was needed since its been awhile.

I have mounted rear tj flares front and rear. After I fixed the half hacked fender trim. Still need to seal the rears cause some welding was required.
Swapped the driver seat since it was fatassed and busted. Will swap the passenger so seats match.
Installed my A pillar light mounts, still haven't decided on which lights to get.
Also bought some 4 cheap 35x12.5x15 that has been hot knifed. They had good tread before the hot knifing. Better than the 3 Baja claw and 1 Schwab tires. Still need to swap rims which I will soon.
One a delivery (I'm a delivery driver) I found some sheet metal big enough to replace the plastic panels in the rear which aren't there. For something different. Also going to modify a hitch basket in to a rear cargo basket which will be removable. I plan to keep my spare tire in the back under the basket.
Also need to start the zj rear seat swap. But not a must at the moment.

Ill get pics up at lunch time today.

Been under the weather the last few days and got sent home from work. But I needed to hit the junkyard. So I went. Glad I did, I found some wagoneer tail lights that I picked up. Always liked the look of them.

Got the waggy tail light swapped after painting the trim satin black.

I also painted and installed my flop shop trail mirrors. I like the look of them.
20171118_153224.jpg

20171118_152241.jpg

20171118_152348.jpg

On August 17th I finally put a fuel pump in this thing and started driving it. When its way home I found it my driver side brake caliper was sticking and found out after swapping wheels and tires 6 months before hand. I ripped a valve stem putting it in so it was leaking. Glad I brought my portable air compressor on the trip. Since driving it and fixing the issues found on that first trip home. Had it parked at my brother in laws. I've replaced a bad headlight switch that was causing headlights to flicker while driving not fun or safe And a TPS that recently started to give me troubles.

How its sits today. Still needs work but its drivable.

Back