• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Downpipe

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the Renix exhaust downpipe is the same as the HO downpipe? I am swaping in a HO into the renix and gathering parts.

Thanks
Chris

Not the same.

bzdel2441 said:
then is the MJ and XJ exhaust downpipe the same?

You bet. MJ & XJ are mechanically identical from the upper U-joint of the rear driveshaft forward.

Last edited:
Lawn Cher' said:
You bet. MJ & XJ are mechanically identical from the upper U-joint of the rear driveshaft forward.

I think I will snag the downpipe off my HO XJ and the take it in to have it coppied then. Hopfully it wont take to long.

So you are putting a HO motor in a formerly Renix equipped MJ? Very nice. :wave:

Lawn Cher' said:
So you are putting a HO motor in a formerly Renix equipped MJ? Very nice. :wave:

Well the top end atlest....A 91 head, a 00 intake manifold, a banks header, a cam upgrade, full new exhaust, cone intake, bored out tb+spacer....ect....

I want a stroker but I dont have any time as I am working 40+ a week and also being a full time student... Good thing is though as aof two weeks ago i single again and I feel like I have all the time in the world now :)

bzdel2441 said:
Good thing is though as aof two weeks ago i single again and I feel like I have all the time in the world now :)

Congratulations.

bzdel2441 said:
Thanks I am alot happier now, just thought I would share it. she said the jeep or me next thing I know shes gone...

That's too funny... a cliche come to life! My wife was gettings jealous of the time I put into the Jeep(s) until we moved and I had to pack it all away. She won't know what hit her when I finish unpacking my garage this spring... I haven't seriously wheeled or wrenched in a year and a half!

Last edited:
Back