• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biggest tires on stock XJ??

JeepXJSB

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know what is the largest size tires that can be put on a stock 2000 XJ without scrubbing?? 235's, 265's?? I'm looking for width mostly. The Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo jumps from a 235/70/15 to a 265/70/15. Please Help.

Last edited:
the 235's should be no problem.. 30's will give a little rubbing in the front and the rear if you have bad springs like i had.. that also depends on the type of tread as well. on my 99 i ran 30" GY MT/Rs and they have huge tread lugs on the sidewalls.. but the Wrangler AT/S's i have now are less agressive and i dont think id have had any issues with them.. however im lifted now so i cant say positively.. the older XJs are a lil more forgiving with larger tires too...
mike

I ran 30x9.50" BFG AT's when I was stock and never had any trouble at all.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot my signature is gone with the new forum layout. I also have a 2000 - so you should be fine as well. But remember that a BFG 30" is going to be a slightly different size than a GY 30"...etc. So YMMV

Back