NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Red River Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Red River Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2018, 18:56
NAXJA Forum User

Re: What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Had a fairly good day replacing the rear main seal and oil pump. That part was no sweat. Had a lot of trouble getting the pan off due to clearance issues with the axle and tranny being in the way. Jacking the axle up a little got me to where I could yank hard on the pan and it came out. However the pump pickup moved some when I yanked and now I'm afraid the new pickup will move again when I force the pan back in. I hope I dont have any problems but am stressing out on it right now. 2moro will tell!
Old February 16th, 2018, 14:28
NAXJA Forum User

Tonight I'm replacing both transfer case output seals.
Old February 17th, 2018, 07:57
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetaljakket View Post
Had a fairly good day replacing the rear main seal and oil pump. That part was no sweat. Had a lot of trouble getting the pan off due to clearance issues with the axle and tranny being in the way. Jacking the axle up a little got me to where I could yank hard on the pan and it came out. However the pump pickup moved some when I yanked and now I'm afraid the new pickup will move again when I force the pan back in. I hope I dont have any problems but am stressing out on it right now. 2moro will tell!
Good day replacing RMS? Great attitude, I hated that job.
You should be able to jack up body, let axle droop out of the way. I'm at 4.5 lift and it slid in with ease. Don't forget to pack pump or remove diz and prime it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old February 18th, 2018, 20:35
NAXJA# 2091

I am getting tired of rain water on the floors. It SUCKS dragging out the Vacuum 3 times a weeks, LOL.

Tried to find an unobtainium 14 mm nut at Home Depot today for my leaf spring swap, no joy.
34 MPG , '85 2WD Cherokee Pioneer with custom installed, 64 hp, 2.2 L Nissan SD22 Diesel 5 spd Manual; & 4 Renix XJs, '87 Wagoneer 4.0, 4WD, 89-Cherokee, 4WD, '87 Cherokee 2WD, & '89 Cherokee Pioneer 2WD, all 4dr. #2091
Old Yesterday, 09:16
NAXJA Forum User

Last night I replace both rear shocks. They were the original ones. 25YO and 195000 miles lol