• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UHHH OHHH...No gassy

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
what year is your xj? its weird i dont list a fuel filter for a 97+ besides the intank pump filter. (the one you listed in the napa link) try a bottle of some good injector cleaner like lucas. if tis going on a 96 or lower you need a napa#3486, and dont forget to depressurize the fuel system at the injector rail before you pull the hoses off the filter, gas in the eyes HURTS :D

Haha, yeah. 99...

I've heard of a TPS or throttle position sensor causing the said issue. Although I would still try some injector cleaner as the 99 does not have an external fuel filter and I'am extremely cheap lol

I have seafoam and I plan on runnin it thru this weekend, I put some marvel in today.. We'll see what happens

99 only has the filter in the tank and it is a "lifetime" filter... whatever that means... filters should be removeable and replaceable...

dgrigorenko said:
99 only has the filter in the tank and it is a "lifetime" filter... whatever that means... filters should be removeable and replaceable...

Lifetime filter my a$$. Hah! Well, I dunno if the filter had anything to do with it, but my fuel pump went out when I hit about 120K in my '98. And of course it's a pump/float/filter assembly.

Back