• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

????? electrical gremlin ?????

DVM04

NAXJA Forum User
Previously posted a thread about my intermittant fuel pump, wound up having some other issues but she is runnning again and I still have this small problem though its better than ever.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78530

When I put the key in the run position it takes about 30-45 seconds for the sound of the fuel pump to kick in, and then it sputters. At the same time the check engine light should come on when you put the key in run, and it doesnt, only light that comes on is the brake light when the e brake is on. about the same 30-45 secs later the cel light starts sputtering/flickering with the sound of the fuel pump until both are on and normal, I turn the key and it starts.....

Originally the pump would not come on at all with the key in run so we are getting better.....but this slow build up of power / sputtering is new
I have replaced the fuel pump, filter, asd relay, fuel pump relay, the fuel pump resistor bypass relay, ignition switch, and all the fuses in the pcm.

What are the chances this is a problem with the circuit from the fuse block to the cel light? or something under the dash, maybe the chime module? I dont know I am runnign out of possibilities here? Thanks

I am freakin lost.

I turn the key to run, the buzzer comes on, I wait 2-3 minutes ( getting worse) and then I start hearing the fuel pump sputter on and the check engine light starts flickering ( in synch with fuel pump sputtering). Both sputter together for 30-45s until up to full strength and then I can turn the key and start the truck. I have to wait 2-3 minutes until the pump starts powering up? I have replaced the fuel pump, fp relay, asd relay, ballast, ballast bypass, and all fuses in pcm, and ignition switch.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Back