• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New camper/trailer build

With the camper? 5200lb axles?

mac 'there is some value over $500' gyvr

Tax time and spring is coming up. You never know.

If the axles/tires/deck are in good shape, I think you might get $2500-$3000 for it.

mac 'knowing you...you'll trade it' gyvr

It's welded on the trailer. Wouldnt take very long to cut it off tho.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The camper is usable but could use some work. Last time out the roof was leaking on me so it probably needs resealed or rebuilt. I redid the inside of it a couple years ago. It is a 1981 camper after all so its nothing new.

Well for my first trailer build I was pretty happy with it but like anything there are always things that could have been changed. The frame may have been a little over kill for it. It definitely had some weight to it. I would have made it wider as well with drive over fenders. I ended up crinkling the fenders a tad trying to squeeze the jeep thru them.

The whole idea of it also having the camper on it as well was a good idea but I quickly found out it was also a pain if you ever wanted to use the trailer for anything other than towing the jeep. Also, if you trailer your rig to the parks it doesn't work out well if you are also planning on camping at a campground somewhere close. This would mean you would have to close up the camper each time to take the jeep over the park and then set it back up once you got back so you could sleep in it that night. If you were gonna be parked at one place for the whole weekend it works out great.

Honestly we got rid of it cause I wanted to get back to something that's easier to park at the house and easier to tow as well. If you have any other questions on it just let me know.

My trailer was about 23.5-24ft long. And with the pop up on there at 6.5ft wide, there was right at 16ft of open trailer left for jeep.

ddd8f9d1c327bd5e2cf8100004e821db.jpg

111” wheelbase now and I’m kicking around the idea of more up front

Can tell you I wish I had a little more open deck. Bumper of jeep was within 6-8" of camper and rear bumper was even with rear of trailer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hmm maybe I’ll think about a two place goose that way I can haul two Jeeps when I don’t take the camper. Then I’ll just have to make the camper removable and not be a pain in the butt

Back