• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boostwerks Build Thread V2.0

It's time for some updates! After all it's been over a year lol.

On the list:

- Patch some rust holes
- Redo the sliders with new standoffs
- Fab new track bar brace
- Move the rear axle back 2"
- Cut and move rear fender well back 2"
- Fab new leaf plates/lower shock mounts
- Install rear HD offroad stiffies
- Design and fab sheet-metal shock towers

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o206/boostwerks

[URL=http://s121.photobucket.com/user/boostwerks/media/Jeep%20Chassis%20Build/IMG_1899.jpg.html][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o206/boostwerks/Jeep%20Chassis%20Build/IMG_1899.jpg

I finally started on my WJ swap which means I finally welded up the TB bracket you sent me. I am working on the TB brace now, had a couple questions. First, how did you thread that third bolt into the passenger side of the TB brace? Did you cut an access hole somewhere on the uniframe? That hole is not threaded on my 99.

Second, I see you ran your brace to the front of the TB bracket. I've been looking at mine, and I think that is how I will have to do it, because of how far forward the new TB bracket is. Does your TB ever hit your brace under hard compression? It looks like running it to the rear will cause it to cross over the travel arc of the Trackbar, which is no bueno. Don't know which ota bracket you are using but I have the JKS one.

Thanks, and thanks again for the awesome TB bracket. I think it is the furthest outboard that will work which gives optimal length to the TB when doing OTA for the WJ swap.

I finally started on my WJ swap which means I finally welded up the TB bracket you sent me. I am working on the TB brace now, had a couple questions. First, how did you thread that third bolt into the passenger side of the TB brace? Did you cut an access hole somewhere on the uniframe? That hole is not threaded on my 99.

Second, I see you ran your brace to the front of the TB bracket. I've been looking at mine, and I think that is how I will have to do it, because of how far forward the new TB bracket is. Does your TB ever hit your brace under hard compression? It looks like running it to the rear will cause it to cross over the travel arc of the Trackbar, which is no bueno. Don't know which ota bracket you are using but I have the JKS one.

Thanks, and thanks again for the awesome TB bracket. I think it is the furthest outboard that will work which gives optimal length to the TB when doing OTA for the WJ swap.

You'll need to drill through the unibody for that additional hole. Then you can just use a nut and washer on the back side.

My TB does not hit the brace, but under compression it does come close. When mocking it up, you just need to have it sitting at full bump to ensure you have enough clearance. It would hit the oil pan if it was on the back side, and if it was centered it would contact the TB. I had the most room on the front of the bracket for a brace.

Hope that helps! :cheers:

I think photobucket just made enemies of the entire innerweb.

They just took years' worth of information and decided to hold it ransom.

Serious. I've been using photobucket for about 13 years. Old tutorials from when I had my previous car are probably gone.

Yup, same here. I really don't want to give these A holes my $ after that kick to the balls. Not sure what the F they were thinking. No email to say heads up we're about to screw you is the kicker for me.

Back