• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SBNF AAT PROGRAM - Survival Training - THIS SUNDAY!!!

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok gang,

This is open the RED letter members only.

We have 2 spots open for our club. This is THIS Sunday the 14th in Lake Arrowhead.

Please post here and I will write the names down and have my 5 yr old son pull from the hat.

Time is very limited.

Please only post if you WILL attend. Also, we are asking that you repost back to the group what you learn.

Here the details direct from the AAT folks:

Our class scheduled for Sunday December 14th will be held rain/snow or shine! If there is in climate weather, this will be a GOOD opportunity to get used to real weather in our forest!

Some of the topics we will learn together are:

- Basic 4x4 survival equipment- What YOU should carry and how to use it for your 4x4 and it's passengers. (Bumper to bumper)

- Traction techniques- 4x4 Tires and all tire associated equipment

- 4x4 Driving skills- in a variety of environmental conditions-clear and warm to treacherous (getting out alive!)

- Four wheelin' at night- What you should know and equipment you need!

- How to get a 4x4 out of trouble (unstuck) and back on the trail safely

- Using an electric winch- Winching gear, safe winching operations and winching techniques

- Basic First Aid for YOUR 4x4- Trail Repairs-Tires, drive train and engine repairs

- Spotting 4x4 vehicles on the trail- How to spot vehicles safely, why spot vehicles and when is this necessary?

- Extreme 4x4 driving- The basic knowledge and skills required for driving on black diamond trails

- Open forum- Additional 4x4 survival skills from the class

This will be open until tomorrow evening at 6:00 PM.

I will post the winners and then we will provide more details to them via PM.

Thanks and good luck!

What are the hours for the class?

just keep in mind it is suposed to SNOW this weekend

If I did not have plans Id be all over this

Looks like the weather man changed his mind...no rain or snow in the forecast as of 17:00 tonight.

What are the hours for the class?

Good question! I will try to find out.

It sounds like a full day. I would expect starting around 7 or 8 and going all day.

Here is a little more additional information

We will be offering a NEW TRAINING CLASS exclusive to the SBNF Adopt-a-Trail Program!!!!

The class will be meeting at Lake Arrowhead North Shore OHV Outpost, class time: 0900-1600 hrs on Sunday, December 14th. This is a good opportunity for beginner and intermediate four wheelers to learn important 4x4 Survival technical skills!! These skills are necessary for four wheelin' in all four seasons, safe vehicle repairs in the great outdoors, recovery skills and mentoring on specialized four wheel drive parts and accessories.

-This class will include classroom instruction and practical exercises in the Forest!

-4x4 vehicles, drivers, food, water, warm clothing, leather gloves, safety glasses are required (winch and recovery gear (if you have them) for winching exercises)

-A limit of two volunteers per club are allowed to attend (to provide for a quality off-roading education!)

Thank you,

Greg.

Damn, glad they finally got it going, stuff like this has been talked about a lot.

This isn't a submission, I'd be all over this but I just don't have the time right now :(

I would love to go! Maybe I can learn something and gain a little confidence. Throw my name in the hat please.

I will attend for sure if I am selected. It is already cleared with the BOSS (wifey) and only a short drive from Yucaipa!

Thanks for making this easy gang.

Looks like we had two entries and they are both WINNERS!!!

So xL8 APEKSx and luvdlions will represent NAJXA SOCAL Chapter.

I will get the info/address or ask Stephan (Karstic) to send it to you both.

Thanks for stepping up!

Let us know how it is!

Holy crap...sweet! :)

I'd like to thank the Academy, and all the little people who made this possible...

Cool... I know the when, just need to know the where.

Send me a PM with your names so I can forward the info to Greg Hoffman and I will get you the meeting location.

Well, I was just reminded by my GF that we're supposed to go to Disneyland with her family on Sunday. Apparently I totally forgot about it. So I can't go to the AAT. My spot is up for grabs. I'm bummed. :(

Well, I was just reminded by my GF that we're supposed to go to Disneyland with her family on Sunday. Apparently I totally forgot about it. So I can't go to the AAT. My spot is up for grabs. I'm bummed. :(

This is what is so wrong with our world today and it is reflected over and over here on the board! Way to many flakes with just as many excuses. This and the Christmas party are prime examples. Sorry for the drama, but Damn!

:soapbox:

Anyone from the Yucaipa area want to go. I can drive.

Back