• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JV prep

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Tuesday night:
Unload everything from jeep. Inventory spares. Inventory tools. re-pack into "trail" and "camp" spares.

Wednesday night:
Hear a loud bang and hit 0 psi oil pressure, in the fast lane. Get tow'd to orange county. Wrench all night. Don't get any packing done at all.

brokejeep.jpg

God bless 24 hour autozones, and thank you mike rollins for pulling parts off of your jeep to get me back on the road for JV.

Someone before I owned my jeep had the distributor off and lost the fork/clamp that holds it down. It was bolted down by the clocking tab, which broke, by the looks of it many years ago. Tonight when I punched it in the fast lane, the jeep spit the distributor right out of the hole.

I guess tomorrow I'll have to come home at lunch and pack for JV. sigh. At least it was best case scenario and not worst case scenario.

cal said:
Tuesday night:
Unload everything from jeep. Inventory spares. Inventory tools. re-pack into "trail" and "camp" spares.

Wednesday night:
Hear a loud bang and hit 0 psi oil pressure, in the fast lane. Get tow'd to orange county. Wrench all night. Don't get any packing done at all.

brokejeep.jpg

God bless 24 hour autozones, and thank you mike rollins for pulling parts off of your jeep to get me back on the road for JV.

Someone before I owned my jeep had the distributor off and lost the fork/clamp that holds it down. It was bolted down by the clocking tab, which broke, by the looks of it many years ago. Tonight when I punched it in the fast lane, the jeep spit the distributor right out of the hole.

I guess tomorrow I'll have to come home at lunch and pack for JV. sigh. At least it was best case scenario and not worst case scenario.

My question is.......what were you doing in the fast lane, Cal? haha j/k

Glad to see you are back up and running.

you know, with a solid distributor in there, it runs REALLY GOOD. it appears its been broken for a long long time. its like a new car. :)

jmaxj said:
i'm in SLC waiting for the departure .

Oh. I'll shut it. :)
Just finished loading the jeep. Heading down to OC in an hour, and to the airport at 6:15.

cal said:
Oh. I'll shut it. :)
Just finished loading the jeep. Heading down to OC in an hour, and to the airport at 6:15.
sweet!! catch ya in the morning..

I'll be wheelin easy this weekend, no rock rails, no t-case skid.

Gerr said:
yeah but his damage was sexy yours was freaky

Well.

Yes, thats true.

I fixed my damage for $47 in parts and $11 in subway (feeding doctor mike rollins). Kyung is going to spend about a hundred times that.

I'll take my freaky over his sexy. :)

Back