• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

East Coast guys.....

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
Is it snowing out there? I am checking the TV news channels, but it seems like nobody is reporting about it.

:wierd:

We got about 6-8" here in blacksburg over the past day and a half. I've been told by family that the DC area got about 10" with about 5" more to come tonight.

NAXJA...we even do weather :D

Ary

hehehe. I know. We need a huge *sarcasm* smilie.... there is *nothing* on TV except some snow out East. :)

LOL, totally missed the sarcasm Glenn. I was kinda wondering why you cared, figured you had a business trip or something coming up, but figured I'd reply since I had nothing better to do :laugh3:

Ary

Must be a slow news day. It's mid-December, in New England, and "the media" are all acting like it's a major surprisie to see snow. They are acting like this is a hugely unusual storm. When I was a kid (yeah, way back then, we had storms like this about every two or three weeks, and life went on.

Yup, I suppose slow news days are a good thing though.

Oh, Eagle......when you were a kid, it wasn't a big deal. Horses handled it pretty well, as compared to todays cars. :) :)
Glenn

Glenn Baker said:
Yup, I suppose slow news days are a good thing though.

Oh, Eagle......when you were a kid, it wasn't a big deal. Horses handled it pretty well, as compared to todays cars. :) :)
Glenn

Ouch...... LOL

Eagle said:
Must be a slow news day. It's mid-December, in New England, and "the media" are all acting like it's a major surprisie to see snow. They are acting like this is a hugely unusual storm. When I was a kid (yeah, way back then, we had storms like this about every two or three weeks, and life went on.

Eagle we need not go back to prehistoric times for that ;) Even when I was a kid it seemed to snow every other day at this time of the year.

We have lots and lots here in NYC...but they are cleaning it up quick and the wind is actually so strong that most of it is getting blown off of the streets. I just went to the gym in the 81 rwd Diesel Benz and had no problems getting there and back.

XJguy

Here in the PA mountains I got around 12" of snow by the time it wrapped up around noon. Not an unusal snow other than the media hype around it :laugh3: Last winter I recorded 140"+ of snow here on the mountain (only 2200' - high for east coast though!)

Eagle said:

Was that when you were riding the daft and happy hills chasing bears with the jawbones of deacons? :)

Ya just like the newsies...freak out over any little weather event like it's the Storm of the Century...

Now I do love it when the blow the call, like they did here in Jan '00 and a minor dusting turned into 18-24" that fell between 4pm & morning :rolleyes: and folks were plainly screwed.

I bet my little bro is making a killing snowplowing driveways :D

it sucks, here in MI we have none, canceled my snowmobiling trip to Munising, along the shore of Lake Superior due to lack of snow. I want snow, my neighbors think I'm wierd cuz I'll ride my sled through the grass,

Well folks, if you want snow, you can come up this way. All in total we got 22" from early saturday morning to noon on sunday. And with the high winds, there are 4 foot drifts in some places. Kinda funny to watch my black lab jump through it, he loves it though. Oh yeah and the excitement of the weekend, rolling a town plow truck down a 12 foot embankment:eek:. I was riding with my buddy saturday night, trying to keep him awake, he's been since 5am at that point. Now its 9pm and we are hanging upside down in the cab. After Haz-Mat, fire dept, police and ambulance showed up and checked everything, and us being a little sore, the truck still sits upside down in the field. Kinda funny, looking back at it now. But definately a highlight for the weekend.

Whats it like for you Glenn.

I think we're getting in Colorado a storm that passed over you couple days ago (you're in the PacNW right). 55 degrees yesterday, got 5 inches since 10 am and hasn't stopped yet. Supposed to snow into the night and reach upper 50's/sunny by end of the week. Guess what's predicted next sunday? Yup, 25 and snow. No wonder the flu is running rampant through here.

CartsXJ said:
Well folks, if you want snow, you can come up this way. All in total we got 22" from early saturday morning to noon on sunday. And with the high winds, there are 4 foot drifts in some places. Kinda funny to watch my black lab jump through it, he loves it though. Oh yeah and the excitement of the weekend, rolling a town plow truck down a 12 foot embankment:eek:. I was riding with my buddy saturday night, trying to keep him awake, he's been since 5am at that point. Now its 9pm and we are hanging upside down in the cab. After Haz-Mat, fire dept, police and ambulance showed up and checked everything, and us being a little sore, the truck still sits upside down in the field. Kinda funny, looking back at it now. But definately a highlight for the weekend.

Funny how it varies. I'm only about 20 miles north of you and we got a little more, I think - more like 24. It seems to have varied anywhere between about 18 and 30. Anyway, definitely enough for one weekend.

Back