• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$125 for a 8.8. pretty good deal or what

NorCalChris

NAXJA Forum User
its 3.73. lsd. out of an explorer with rear disc's. he said 125 and he'll pull it off for me. i told him to yank the shafts and pull the diff cover off i need to see pics of the lsd and the spline count. i want to make sure its what he says it is and not some piece from a ranger. but it seems like a good deal to me.

if it's from an explorer with discs it's a 31 spline... yeah, that's a good deal man.

i know that, but i dont know if he's just full of crap . know what i mean? if it really is an explorer8.8 then im gonna get it, but i dont want to buy it then take it home to inspectit and turn out to be out of a ranger. that would suckkkkk.

I don't think any Rangers came with rear disc. At least I haven't seen any. JIM.

The disc brakes would be a could sign that it is from a exploder. Ask what the axle code is on the tag. or to see a picture of it. If it is D4 or D5 it would be 3.73 with LSD, D2 is 4.10's with LSD, D1 is 3.27's with LSD, 41, 43, 44, and 45 would all be open carriers.

Hope that helps. And what makes you think he might be trying to pull a quick one over on you?

all exploder 8.8's are 31 spline....also, if you measure it I cant remember the width off hand but that would be another sign because the ranger is narrower

Awesome deal! I got mine for 150 lincoln locked and geard with 4.56, but it had drums :(

drums = ranger
discs = explorer

its 3.73. lsd. out of an explorer with rear disc's. he said 125 and he'll pull it off for me. i told him to yank the shafts and pull the diff cover off i need to see pics of the lsd and the spline count. i want to make sure its what he says it is and not some piece from a ranger. but it seems like a good deal to me.

Sounds like a great deal to me as long as its from an explorer/mountaineer and in good shape. What are the differences between a Ranger and Exploder rearend?

edit: nevermind!

nope, pre 96 ssssploder had 31 spline w/ drum
anyway, sick fair goin on in yer neck of the woods next week! always go for the pulls

Some of the older Sportracs(sp) also came with drums. Haleyess came from an 01 with drums. JIM.

Awesome deal! I got mine for 150 lincoln locked and geard with 4.56, but it had drums :(

it has been sitting in my garage for about 4 months.. and It actually has disc. I had to check after I posted it, cuz I know the ranger 8.8 are only 29 spline. ( I think)

But mine is a true 30spline with disc, for Abuckfifty I dont think I did bad!

Back