• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me out guys

Kego814

NAXJA Forum User
Okay guys. I had a chirp that I thought was the alternator. So I pulled the belt and low and behold the chirp is still there. I hear it in the exhaust as well. I've done the research and I'm seeing where lifters go bad on these and take out the cam as well. I've got 165 on the clock and just bought it from my aunt and uncle. I don't have the heart to mention it to them because they'll probably fix it. I'm figuring on buying a cam kit but if I'm going to do it, I'm going bigger. This thing is a hog out of the hole and it's done alot of towing in it's day. From your experience what could I put in here to make it not such a hog and so that IF A valve floats it's not sending on a piston. Opinions welcome.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Have you checked the kanoodle valve, they have a hard time on the Jeep’s sometimes?

Back