• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

I’m just teasing. I actually agree, anything less than 3/16 is just sheet metal. At the same time the Tomken is 200$ shipped vs 300$ shipped for the others. As I’ve never had issues bashing up the tank before I think I’m going to go cheap and get the Tomken one. Maybe but the effort in to dimple die and cover in uhmw.

My buddy does not even have a gas tank skid on the Black xj and has yet to hit it running carnage or Penrose...I myself don't have those issues my gas tank is no longer under the jeep and it never really hit when under there, the 14 bolt gets all the rock loving .

I got two things in the mail:
Registration renewal, e-test required.
Leaf spring bushings.

Both will require some extensive shop time...

Picked up some 2.5 a500 square tube to make new front lowers. I never bent the 2x2 but the arms are 3 inches longer and I'll be using it a bunch more after the build up . I'm also considering new joints for my lowers with. Bigger than 9/16th bolts Currie sells 5/8 and 3/4 thru hole version jj and ballistic sells a rod end I might use on the lower front at the frame they are $132 a joint.

Despite buying the stick of square I may buy some 2.5 .dom and go round I'm not sure what I like more .

Last edited:
IRO Coil conversion truss on an 8.25 for Trent and Son

rKGBM7S.jpg

dgoAuEB.jpg

aIhCrxW.jpg

E8XNVIy.jpg

5f6v2t3.jpg

WMpdINN.jpg

YvJAVjZ.jpg

fhEbIOi.jpg

SChRHpM.jpg

Xp7Vh3M.jpg

ZFgDu33.jpg

It'll never run right that clean. You better leave a valve cover bolt loose so you can get some oil on that thing. :D

If it were mine I'd cap it off where it meets the coil pads and plate the backs of the upper control arm mounts to box them in and give a bit more weld surface to the truss. I would also probably run a plate diff cover so that I could add a tie-in from the truss to the cover since it doesn't weld to the housing.

I had to revisit the "Big 'n Little" club yesterday: Jeep passed emissions on the first try. :clap:

attachment.php

After a trip to the alignment rack, it drives like I just installed $400 in wear parts. :)

Got the ACOS on the MJ to level out the front. Added about 2". Also swapped over my quick discos, BPE and shocks.

How it was
aoOSlV7l.jpg
[/IMG]

How it is
V6gHt5xl.jpg
[/IMG]

o7MdWs0l.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks! Had been debating on swapping some Moabs but I like ECCOs. Figure once I get around to the lift and all the other crap I'll move up to a 17" with the WJ swap.

Back