• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Laws regarding reengineer one of suspension

JeepinSeal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey everyone,

I just moved back to Colorado after a long time of living in California. I have a question regarding the lift laws surrounding the change in suspension types (leafs to coils/coilovers). The reason I ask is when I lived in California I 4 linked and cantilevered the rear with coilovers. I read that it was found to be an unconstitutional and overbearing law in the case of (People v. Von Tersch). Is it still a law that I should be worried about? Or will my Jeep be okay as long as it passes state emissions?

Thanks!
-Seal

Technically any suspension mod is illegal here. But I've never heard of it enforced and I think you'd have to royally piss off a cop for them to do anything about it. I would not be worried at all.

Awesome! Thanks for the response. It feels good to be back home for sure. Just don’t want to put my leaf springs back in haha.

Back