• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Commander took a crap yesterday. At least it made it to CHI and back first. I overheated and the coolant backed up into the overflow tank and then spewed all over the engine. The temp gauge pegged in the red zone and it started to smoke.

Had it towed to my mechanic. They called today and the radiator was plugged and the heater hose assembly was leaking. So, tomorrow I get her back with a new radiator, a new hose assembly, and a new thermostat.

I'm kind of regretting purchasing this Jeep a little bit....

I looked at mine in the garage and contemplated moving all the accumulated junk off of it. Then I signed and went back in the house.

One of these days our home renovations will be done and I'll be able to finish the Jeep. Hopefully I'll have it back mobile again this spring so I can give it a proper shake down and do some wheeling this year.

I looked at mine in the garage and contemplated moving all the accumulated junk off of it. Then I signed and went back in the house.

This made me LOL. :roflmao:

I swapped new wheels on my junk, installed a 3ft wide panoramic rear view mirror from 1986 and installed a blueteeth radio.

This evening I'm going to continue to work on building drive over fenders for my trailer so I can tow it to the offroad park tomorrow.

Buddy of mine and I wrapped up my one ton swap.
eb6b3fccdc4656ebe732624e1bb3a379.jpg

Buddy of mine and I wrapped up my one ton swap.
eb6b3fccdc4656ebe732624e1bb3a379.jpg

Hard to tell from the pics. Are the coils sitting directly on top of the axle tube? Did you have any problems fitting steering and trac bar? 4.5” coils?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues really. 4.5” coils. I gained 5.5” belly height over stock axles, sand coils and 33’s. Now I’m on 39’s. Basically moved the spring perches on top of the existing pads in front of the stock radius arm brackets. For now it’s stock steering with hydro assist. I’ll high steer it eventually. Maybe these will.
a869f2c35dcd7fa1bba54f9803ea0602.jpg
198208dbc00fac00b7b89998f3caed50.jpg

You're not concerned about the lack of separation at the axle?

Last one I saw done like that wheel hopped like crazy in the front.

That’s about as long as I could get the uppers without getting into the frame/unibody. I’m going to give it a shot as it is. If I decide I absolutely hate it, then I’ll reevaluate and change to a 3 link. That’s a pretty easy conversion.

I gave it a test drive around the property the other day and gave it a beating on about a 4’ vertical ledge. It hopped a little once the icantz started spinning on some moss. But once they heated up a bit, it hooked and shot right up. So, we’ll see. No rig is ever done. Lol

That’s about as long as I could get the uppers without getting into the frame/unibody. I’m going to give it a shot as it is. If I decide I absolutely hate it, then I’ll reevaluate and change to a 3 link. That’s a pretty easy conversion.

I gave it a test drive around the property the other day and gave it a beating on about a 4’ vertical ledge. It hopped a little once the icantz started spinning on some moss. But once they heated up a bit, it hooked and shot right up. So, we’ll see. No rig is ever done. Lol

No, I meant vertical separation between the mounting points on the axle. Using the OEM Ford radius arm mounts vs a much taller upper mount on top of the axle.

Gotcha. I misunderstood.

That’s another factor. Basically, budget was a huge issue. Ruffstuff has a 25% off Black Friday sale and I could buy their kit for way less than I could piece one together for. So I decided to give it a shot. Again, if I hate it, I’ll change it up. For now it was an “easy” way to get tons under my rig and get out on the trail.

I’m not really building a hill killing, bouncer, competition rig. I’m building a severely overbuilt trail rig to cruise around and not worry about breaking Dana 30 shafts every time I unload off the trailer.

I know Ed has had issues with his ZJ, but mine...wow.

I parked it on June 5, 2017, the day I bought my XK. It's sat without a battery and not been moved since that day. She's covered with an appropriate amount of dust from the garage and I found a few cobwebs starting to form.

However, I needed to move it yesterday so we can do some waterproofing in the garage. I pulled the battery out of the XJ and put it in the ZJ and with a jumpstart she fired right up. I pulled her out and drove her around no worse for the wear!

Got married went on a honeymoon and had some fun... Now back to the grind. On a side note you guys that are black need to renew or join NAXJA and become members! It's the membership drive right now. :party:

Back