• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OFFICIAL BS THREAD(all others will be deleted)

Everyone up here freaking out about gas and here I am driving my Jeep to work.

Wow the Jeep is running... that's good news ;) I'm heading to Oregon Wednesday for 3 week trip. I hope Diesel is not an issue out that way :(

Working on replacing the timing belt on my Forester.

Good stuff.

fn2VmUx.jpg

jB8bVnJ.jpg

18" of water in my shops, and 7" in the house, total forking disaster here.

Water heater died, had to replace it, still trying to get wet rugs and shit out of them, and deal with the odor, and a bad steering gear box on the DD now.

Getting lots of painful exercise. Bought a 16 gal Wet-dry vac after harvey killed both of mine. Got stolen from the front yard 4 hours later, just as it was getting dark, with 4 people less than 40 feet from it.

The irony of it all is,... hurricane Irma is wreaking havoc on my country which is in the Northern Leeward Islands. No, I am not there at this time but instead back in Florida since the middle of 2011. Most of my family is there,...brothers, sisters, uncles, you name it. My Ex is in the US virgin Islands and so is my daughter and her son. I cannot get a word from my country which is less than 100 miles east of St. Croix USVI but I spoke with my daughter at length today. They have batten down the hatches so to speak and moved to a safer place. :doh:

18" of water in my shops, and 7" in the house, total forking disaster here.

Water heater died, had to replace it, still trying to get wet rugs and shit out of them, and deal with the odor, and a bad steering gear box on the DD now.

Getting lots of painful exercise. Bought a 16 gal Wet-dry vac after harvey killed both of mine. Got stolen from the front yard 4 hours later, just as it was getting dark, with 4 people less than 40 feet from it.

Woooowwww people suck

Woooowwww people suck
Good thing I used an Amer Exp card, it was a 100% covered theft loss, :eek:got a refund already. That has never happened before, made my day.:clap:

One island about 60 miles away from my island in the Caribbean was devastated by Irma. The whole island look like Bronson MO after the tornado a few years ago with flooding added for good measure. My Island and others that were on the Southern part of the storm suffered very little negative impact. The same cannot be said for several of the Northernmost islands.

My family are all ok and suffered very little property damage.

Signed up for FEMA aid, quick and easy. If I can find an available FEMA hotel with a room left, :laugh3: LMAO, I am covered while house is rebuilt. Replaced the dead water heater already. Still need to finish removing the remains of a rear leaf spring that refuses to honor the eviction notice I gave it with a grinder cutting disk for an hour. And now I find that there is significant play, wear in the output bearing on my gear box of the 87 Wagoneer gear box. Output shaft has side to side wobble.

Finally got all the wet rugs out of both locations, still working on the rest of the clean up, next is to deal with the odor, the wood floor, and sheet rock....

Nooo

The jeep or the driver? Say its not so, not the jeep?

How did everyone do with Harvey? We all still alive and accounted for here? I had 7" in my house, and 18" in my shop, total disasters. No flood insurance on the shop, but had/have it on the house. Still its a royal PITA!!!

8d069b42f0adcfa337eca6ace5d2ac68.jpg

Bye old friend

Small roof leak at my rental in Katy. $500 fix.

Fine at the place I'm living, was without power for 3 days though

Trying to decide where to put everything, if I replace the floor and walls. Meantime trying to decide how to solve the odor problem. Tempted to try ozone. Sleeping overnight at my son's in league city.

Trying to decide where to put everything, if I replace the floor and walls. Meantime trying to decide how to solve the odor problem. Tempted to try ozone. Sleeping overnight at my son's in league city.

If you have sheetrock some of that smell could be mold. Check it to be certain. We have not met as yet. I hope to do so with you still vertical and self mobile.

Got back from a week long cruise yesterday. Back to work tomorrow. :(

If you have sheetrock some of that smell could be mold. Check it to be certain. We have not met as yet. I hope to do so with you still vertical and self mobile.

I've had mold for decades, with out any odor. I think the sheet rock mold story is blown way out of proportions. I am about to find out, this is my first flooded house.

Where is everybody!!!! Time for roll call here folks, LOL. How are you all doing!!!! Time to post up some BS here, LOL

I'm back at my house now. The mold/odor was stacks of wet paper in bankers boxes and wet moldy clothes I had missed the first pass. Floor and walls are not giving me any issue yet. But I had zero insulation in the walls, that makes a huge difference. Holding the old, 70 year old hard wood floor in place with a truck load of bricks for now.

My shop had 18" of water, total mess, huge mess.:rattle:

Sounds like a mess!

I've been around. Dogs got sick last week so that was fun. Still in money saving mode. Ready to get the Holidays over with.

Back