• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Found a place that will store my junk near Santa Fe and Titan Rd. $320 got me an 11'x36' space to park the enclosed trailer and one car (hopefully), and a 40' shipping container for all the crap in the uhaul van and the MJ trailer will fit in it as well.

The Eliminator comes home. Hoping that'll force my hand to build it.

The Eliminator comes home. Hoping that'll force my hand to build it.
That's ironic! I was just asking Kittrell if we should stage an intervention: A mob shows up at your house with a handful of wrenches and a Git-R-Done attitude!

That wouldn't be an intervention.......

That would be a BLESSING....... Well sort of..... If everything we're ready to swap out and bolt on.....

Not unlike Kittrell, my Eliminator build standards will be nit picky and not a throw it together process. This truck I do care about.

There will be some rust repair to be done to the floor and battery tray area before the lift gets done.

The "new" engine needs painted and parts replaced before being put together and installed.

All the bumpers and sliders need blasted and painted or powder coated....

Stuff like that.

Last edited:

Gotta love the parts store people... When I finished my gas tank relocation, I went in to buy some filler neck hose. I told them what I needed, and they sold me this nice flexible piece of gates hose. Well only now I. Found out it's coolant hose. The new stuff I got from gates is super nice but $24 a foot!

I went to Napa the hose was expensive the hose is for fuel etc , but I did not like the angle so I cut up a spare radiator hose for my filler the hose is not constantly submerged in fuel it should last . What I plan to do is use the good rubber to couple a hard fitting to the tank to get my hard bend then go from there , but this weeks project will be the rear rebuild of the failed truss , and the front upper links really bug me with only having 1/2 inch bolts in the upper arms , so need to order 6 more joints and find time to add a set of triangulated uppers .

After talking to both Riffraff Diesel and DP-Tuner I've decided to go with Riffraff for my new tunes. He was able to explain the tunes better and gave me a better feeling about it. He also said if anything doesn't seem right when I reinstall the chip I can just send it back and they'll make adjustments for free.

As I suspected they both said that the quiet idle tunes don't always make a huge difference on the SD's with the split shot injectors. Its more for the OBS trucks or guys with aftermarket single shots. As such I'm going to go with this order for tunes.

1 - Stock
2 - High Idle/Warm Up
3 - 100+Performance/Hot tune (for when the Prius pisses me off)
4 - Economy
5 - Exhaust Brake
6 - 60hp Tow

Yeah my 00s head just cracked on me

I am running a TUPY 0331 head that came from a machine shop in Panama City, Fla. It was a rebuilt & they did a fine job. There are other shops in Chicago & Las Vegas. The Clearwater heads are manufactured in China and I have heard some comments about casting cleaning needing to be done. I would buy with the most liberal return policy you can find.

Anyone in here ever purchase a cyclinder head from Clearwater Cylinder Heads??

http://www.cylinder-heads.com

I bought a Mazda from a customer at the shop and it needed a head. Ordered it from them came fairly quickly but their reviews are 50/50. Either really good or terrible. Ive been slacking on putting it together but looked to ok quality. Make sure you blow out all the passages.

I bought a Mazda from a customer at the shop and it needed a head. Ordered it from them came fairly quickly but their reviews are 50/50. Either really good or terrible. Ive been slacking on putting it together but looked to ok quality. Make sure you blow out all the passages.

Thanks for the advice.

Well she graduated. We party1: tied for 3 days LOL. She is loading her jeep parts and some tools and heading back your way in a rental to the Springs.... tomorrow I think. She Left the Jeep up there. Got a bunch of the family from California to all over Texas here for the event. It was great reunion....
I was getting tired of funeral reunions.

That's ironic! I was just asking Kittrell if we should stage an intervention: A mob shows up at your house with a handful of wrenches and a Git-R-Done attitude!

Some days we're living the dream! :cheers:

Picked up the pre fab Artec 14 truss today...really nicely made product I expected a box of parts to arrive and puzzle together and need a bit of clean up , but opened the box to see it all jigged together held with some wrap ...lol...just need to put a square on it then tack it up and mock it up on the axle and burn it on . I think I will cut some tube and slip it in the holes and weld them just for extra . The goal with this will be as much axle tie in as possible since the last one the welds failed so the more weldment the better .After I tie a back brace to the tubes and diff ...the diff to the truss and pinion snout to the truss and weld the tubes I should only need to worry about broken axle shafts and U joints not my rear axle falling off again .

Well the last of Mohicans, my youngest, now a college grad has her $12/day :eek: 1 ton beast rental truck loaded up with the rest of her junk, LOL (bed and all, .... I was one whipped pup last night, after days of partying, even hit the beach for the first time in 2 years, then we loaded all her stuff up late yesterday, and I had to go to work at 4 am today, LOL) , but I am back on my feet again, and she is headed your all's way now.

Definitely a huge loss for Texas.

Sooooo, she likes it here?

Indeed she does, she loves the outdoors there, the cooler weather, she complained of the Humidity here before it even hit about 80 F here the first day she got back, LOL

Already seen about 100 facebook photos (she is professional Photographer) as she has taken hikes and runs in the parks around there in Co Springs.

She flew down here on Frontier Airlines for $49, but got gouged $80 cash for two baggage bags that weighed half her weight :(

Then stole (LOL) a truck rental for $12/day

The first day here the truck rental (a dodge) had a flat before she even got to my house. They trailer-ed a Ford (LMAO) truck 30 miles to her to FIX the flat tire Dodge truck, LOL. Interesting 7 days for sure. Got to go to a country and western club with her and my son and some of her friends. First time I had been to a dance club in 20 years, 35 years for a country and western club. They had a live band.

I miss her already.

Last edited:
Back