NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > North Atlantic Chapter
Register FAQ Users List Calendar Mark Forums Read
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Donate Bylaws Store Members Chat E-Mail

North Atlantic Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 562 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2012, 16:20
NAXJA Forum User

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

god damn death wobble is back. does it between 10 and 20 mph when i hit bumps.

im gonna go with the fact that i have big dumb tires with leaf springs. and leaf springs can flex. leaf bushings might help but im gonna throw one of those stupid steering stabilizers on it.
Old June 15th, 2012, 17:09
NAXJA Forum User

I replaced the bad solenoid for the winch after work today, then found the motor would only work on power out now. Not sure why, but I'm guessing I XXXXed it up when I smashed it. I just ran all the cable out, then wrapped it backwards so I can at least use it for now.
Old June 15th, 2012, 17:33
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos

Sam, try adding a panhard like Ford did? Sounds like your FSJ wants to be my 5 ton, which also gets deathwobble at 10-20 or so if I hit a bump wrong. Now THAT is scary.

I seem to be smoking a set of duralast semimetallic pads now. Not sure what the XXXX is going on, maybe I need new calipers. Regardless it looks like I am tearing into my brake system on Sunday.

Pisses me off, it was working absolutely perfectly till I ran out of material on the junkyard pads (came off the ZJ donor) I've been running for a year. Now it won't stop burning pads.

At least what was left of the black truck got me $150 today and I'm not even done with it, I still have probably 400lbs left. If no one buys this damn dodge d60 front I'm gonna scrap that bastard too.
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old June 15th, 2012, 17:52
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastein View Post
Sam, try adding a panhard like Ford did? Sounds like your FSJ wants to be my 5 ton, which also gets deathwobble at 10-20 or so if I hit a bump wrong. Now THAT is scary.

thinking about it. but steering stabilizer is cheapers and less time consuming
Old June 15th, 2012, 18:12
NAXJA Forum User

picked up a M8000 today. gotta clean it up and clock it, but i wont be putting it on til i get rope. came with an aluminum hawse fairlead too. sunday i might change the oil, swap the battery and whatever else to my freecycle. i'll have the papers for it this week, gotta apply for my permit and i'm gonna take a MSF course with my buddy. insurance discount + waived road test when i pass.
Old June 15th, 2012, 18:15
NAXJA Forum User

Was it just ford that riveted everything to the frame? Didn't they relized that why the titantic failed
Old June 15th, 2012, 20:42
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm racer 419 View Post
god damn death wobble is back. does it between 10 and 20 mph when i hit bumps.

im gonna go with the fact that i have big dumb tires with leaf springs. and leaf springs can flex. leaf bushings might help but im gonna throw one of those stupid steering stabilizers on it.
Remember you can get stock XJ shackles to go up front to. Or do you still have the ones from your cherokee? When I swapped to new springs I lost a lot of play in the front, so you could be on the right track. If you swap just the shackle there's obviously still two bad bushings left but atleast you swapped out the most important one. Not too mention changing them takes 10 minutes.
Old June 15th, 2012, 20:58
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmelo View Post
Remember you can get stock XJ shackles to go up front to. Or do you still have the ones from your cherokee? When I swapped to new springs I lost a lot of play in the front, so you could be on the right track. If you swap just the shackle there's obviously still two bad bushings left but atleast you swapped out the most important one. Not too mention changing them takes 10 minutes.
i bastardized one of them to make the traction bar shackle. but maybe ill get a bushing kit sometime next week.
Old June 15th, 2012, 21:21
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos

anyone happen to have a 96-01 rear ds slip yoke around and feel like trading it for beer?

I thought 95 down yokes were the same but last time I tried using one, it wouldn't fit the tcase output shaft.
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old June 15th, 2012, 21:56
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm racer 419 View Post
i bastardized one of them to make the traction bar shackle. but maybe ill get a bushing kit sometime next week.
I have stock shackles with brand new poly bushings. Text me if you think you can get up here for them or of I mail them they'll make it in time
Old June 15th, 2012, 22:09
NAXJA Forum User

Four XXXXing slightly heavy beers and I'm a bit drunk. This is embarrassing how much of a lightweight I've turned into. Whatever, I'm making a cpk bbq chicken pizza.
Old June 15th, 2012, 22:20
NAXJA Member

I know the feeling. I barely drink anymore, gonna have to be careful next week.

Junkyard in the morning and all my sawzall+grinder batteries are charged up. I'm gonna hit this shit like a hurricane.
Old June 15th, 2012, 22:36
NAXJA Forum User

Yea I don't drink nearly as much as I used to. Good luck tomorrow bro, I'm sleeping late then not doing shit!
Old June 16th, 2012, 05:43
NAXJA Forum User

My uncle is coming over to set the timing on my 440 today.

Time to get the wiring all sorted out.
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:04
NAXJA Forum User

I want to spend money. I need a trans temp gauge but don't know what I'm looking at. Guidance from some you kind sirs?