• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

It sucks when family and friends take advantage. Put your foot down and tell them they have 2 weeks to get thier shit figured out.

That's what's happening tonight.

dude i have been there, we took in my MIL and one sister in law and boyfriend. i made the boyfriend sleep out in the car. shit hit the fan when my mother inlaw pounded on my wall telling me to turn off my alarm. one morning. my wife told them they needed to hurry and find a place to live before i kicked them out. to quote dan from a couple hundred pages back "drama free life is the only way to live"

My MIL isn't bad, I almost feel bad cuz the wife said something and she isn't coming back (not really)

They were just icing on top of the cake. I offer things to be nice because i know i'd expect it if i was there. But a few days turns into a few weeks and turns into a year. I also know i don't put myself into those situations.

Im so sick of people in my house!!! I have my best friend who's and idiot with two DUI's and no license, my sister in law and her boyfriend living there. Now here 40 year old mother couldn't pay her electric bill so she's there too, along with her stupid dog and my other two sister inlaws and the ones boyfriend!!!!!!! I come home and do dishes every fawking night after work that arent mine i am getting so irritated!!!!! It's causing a bunch of tension betweend me and Alexis and that pisses me off more than anything.

k "shitty day at work is gonna be a REAL shitty night at home" man

You are nicer than me....

That's what's happening tonight.

My MIL isn't bad, I almost feel bad cuz the wife said something and she isn't coming back (not really)

They were just icing on top of the cake. I offer things to be nice because i know i'd expect it if i was there. But a few days turns into a few weeks and turns into a year. I also know i don't put myself into those situations.

I really feel for you man...

We took in a a sister-in-law because her husband was waste of skin. She never paid her rent on time, ran up our phone, electric and gas bills. Then after we told her to leave she stole a bunch of CDs, coins and even my daughter's girl scout cookie money.

So when my wife called to tell me that her parents were at each other throats and something needed done my answer was
1. No one gets to live in our house.
2. We aren't giving money to any of them.

Ok, so I won the Brown Dog motor mount engine brackets at Winterfest. I plan on installing these on the stroker motor but cannot swing the cash for the BD motor mounts just yet. Will the stock motor mounts bolt up to the BD engine brackets? Anyone know?

Ok, so I won the Brown Dog motor mount engine brackets at Winterfest. I plan on installing these on the stroker motor but cannot swing the cash for the BD motor mounts just yet. Will the stock motor mounts bolt up to the BD engine brackets? Anyone know?

Now, I could be wrong but the Brown dog mounts fit without the engine brackets so I'm guessing they should work.

I am to nice. The MIL is out. Sister in law and bf are out within two. Ive been very nice to my buddy. Hes got a plan. Working on buying a home. Hes not being an idiot.

If he's not being an idiot, he can stay!

Kimmer, I am running the BD mounts with stock brackets.....and everyone knows how powerful my awesome rig is! Lol

Thanks for the info guys. I have new stock mounts so I hope they at least last the weekend with the 4.7. Just can't order the new BD mounts just yet. Have to finish paying off the new wheels and tires. Now if I could just sell the 38" Mickeys I would be set!! :D

Thanks for the info guys. I have new stock mounts so I hope they at least last the weekend with the 4.7. Just can't order the new BD mounts just yet. Have to finish paying off the new wheels and tires. Now if I could just sell the 38" Mickeys I would be set!! :D
You need any help getting this thing together and all, let me know. You know I'm only 15min down the road.

Ordered a $300 battery cable for the MINI today.
What year and what kind of warranty did it come with? Fairly reliable otherwise?

Auburn Hills isn't too bad. I got assigned to the International Logistics Operation. As of right now I am working on sourcing US/Can./Mex. from Chrysler dealers for parts in Maserati concept cars, FIAT in China, and engine parts for Ferrari.

What year and what kind of warranty did it come with? Fairly reliable otherwise?

5 years, 60,000 miles bumper to bumper with all servicing included. The car has always been very reliable. My wife's has 85000 miles on it.

BMW's that have the battery inside the passenger compartment have what's called a "battery safety terminal." The battery has a small pyro charge in it that separates the power wire to the positive terminal in an accident where the airbags go off, to prevent an electrical fire in the car.

My wife's car had a hatch leak and over a long period of time (I'm guessing years) the battery compartment filled up with water. It corroded the junction box where the positive cable comes in from the front of the car and caused the fuse to blow. The voltage drop caused the airbag controller to think that the car was in an accident and it tripped the safety terminal.

There's no way to replace just the terminal, so I have to replace the whole cable from the battery to the starter.

It's the only repair I've ever had to make to the car, so I'm not mad about the money. The job is going to suck though.

Good to know. Not that my broke ass can afford one anytime soon but I really like the AWD Countryman model and could see that being a good addition to my driveway someday. But that goes into the long list of vehicles that aren't likely like a classic VW Bug convertible or even the newest model Beetle that starts at a nicely sounding $20K. Which could be quite affordable used in 4 years.

I have a buddy who stuck a 200hp honda vtec motor in the back of a super beetle, badass car! It will break both tires free and toss the back end around like a gokart :)

Meh, Honda motor, if you are going to put anything into the back of a Beetle. Go big or go home.

AB12_15_05copy.jpg

Back