NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA's Technical Forums > Advanced Fabrication and Engineering
Register FAQ Users List Calendar Mark Forums Read
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Donate Bylaws Store Members Chat E-Mail

Advanced Fabrication and Engineering If you are worried about your project still being called an XJ or MJ, this is the place for you. If you haven't ever had a slag burn or know the smell of burning flesh, tread lightly.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 26th, 2012, 19:30
NAXJA Forum User

Project: Big Blue

Specs: 98/ 4.0/ AW4/ 231 SYE(for now)
narrowed 92 BJ Dana 60 front, 4340 inner shafts, welded, 5.38s, Modified ruffstuff diff cover, custom truss
79 Dana 60 rear, machined for 35 spline 4340 shafts, 5.38s, spooled, disk brakes, Rockcrusher cover, custom truss
Redneck Ram hydro assist
38x12.50x16.5 TSL on H1s with Coppehead Fab rock ring

3-link front w/ Ballistic joints, 4.5" coil spring w/ inch spacer
custom rear leaf moved back about 3 inch w/ traction bar
Fox remote resi up front 90/60 valving, swayaway piggybacks on rear
1-5/8 x .134" wall EWS interior custom cage
wb @ 106"
Jeep height is just a hair over 6 ft tall
27" to the rockers
21" to the belly
and lots more.
On to the build..... I have had this Jeep for 8 years(bought it stock) and went through many stages with it, every one making it preform better offroad, but also showed it limitations of the the stock axles and suspension design. This last stage has taken almost two years to finish(this is why I didn't start a build page then) It will never be done if you know what I mean but here it is for now.
8 years ago just put a 3 in lift, 31x10.5s, bumper and waxed her up it was my DD(someday I wished i would have left it this way:shaking

8 years later (posers shot measuring for my rear bumps)

I wanted to keep this looking like a cherokee hence the reason for not cutting it at the firewall and building a buggy (that will be down the road with a real chassis)

started with this rustbucket

cut it to fit a 78-79 shaft(was not fun getting the tube out of the innner c)

starting trussing it and mocking up all my mounts, I used Ballistic mounts for the coils and lower arm mounts everything else I made.

kept builiding and ended up with this