• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

just bought my place in march. I pay 5.5% and get 2% back every year of the state at tax time!!!!

K "worked my ass off to get 0 down on 65 G's" man

I wish. I live in a military town, so the housing market revolves around the housing rates that the military pays us.

red '180k' heep

We got our 2011 tax assessments in the mail today, this house stayed the same at $184,000.
My 'flip' is at $270,000, Ironically, I lowered the asking price to $220,000 today.
I would take anything over $200,000.
Perhaps the township assessor would like to make a quick $50,000?
I may call her in the morning.

We got our 2011 tax assessments in the mail today, this house stayed the same at $184,000.
My 'flip' is at $270,000, Ironically, I lowered the asking price to $220,000 today.
I would take anything over $200,000.
Perhaps the township assessor would like to make a quick $50,000?
I may call her in the morning.

When I bought my house my tax appraisal was for 165K. My actual appraisal was at 97K. I went in and asked the tax assesor what he was thinking and he lowered it to a 126K tax appraisal. Being bent over by the man sucks. :moon:

I'm only on 1786 sq ft in a 1 1/2 story. I have 1 3/4 baths. With a 30x30 pole barn garage on 3 acres. I border 1800 acre's of state forest though.:D

IF I had a nice two story tall garage with 3/4 of that being garage space and 1/4 of it being living space, I would love it.

I have more sq ft in the garage than the house, the way it should be.

Me too!

1700 sq foot garage
1100 sq foot house
1.2 acres
paid 100k 3.5 years ago
Worth 90k now.

mac 'live from Attica' gyvr

When I bought my house my tax appraisal was for 165K. My actual appraisal was at 97K. I went in and asked the tax assesor what he was thinking and he lowered it to a 126K tax appraisal. Being bent over by the man sucks. :moon:

The first assessment we received in '08 said this house was worth $220,000.
I called them and asked them where they came up with that number since it is not worth that today. She told me it was an average of three years property values. I told her the house originally sold new in '05 for $199,000, I bought it in '08 for $186,000, so who's math are you using to come up with and average of $220,000? I took herr our closing documents and they dropped our taxes by $1,000!

Well, filed for unemployment for the first time in my life today. Last day of work was yesterday. Hopefully we make some good money today and tomorrow on our rummage sale. LOTS OF JEEP PARTS! :D

our house appraised for 134K and the guy was moving out of state so I shot him $75K........we got it for $90K and he covered closing costs. I also bought the ground around the house 8 months later for $1100/ac.....it is worth $2000/ac as of comps that are 2 months old via the realtor. Farm land is a great investment b/c it historically has never lost value, unlike residental realestate. The prime river bottom ground is selling for @ $3-5000 per acre now...and I thought it was high when we were looking at it priced at $2000..............

Cheese "living poor so I can retire rich" Man

I love my job and most of the people I work with are great but man I am over it this week! Good thing I am going wheeling at a local property tomorrow night though! Might go up to Indy and watch some drifting tonight too.

Bummer Kim, sometimes this can be the best thing to happen, was for me.

As far as house prices....you all suck.

I don't even want to think about what I paid and whats its worth now.

Rev

The house that Deb & I bought 2 years ago is still dropping, IIRC, more than $30k in 2 years. <shrug> Long term investment, we'll be above water some time.

There's a house across the street that went on the market 4 years ago, and sold 2 years ago for $100k under the original listing.

Back