NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA's Technical Forums > OEM Tech Discussion
Register FAQ Users List Calendar Mark Forums Read
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Donate Bylaws Store Members Chat E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:13
NAXJA Forum User

Fuel System question, Electric Fan Question

This is on the Jeep in my signature. The Jeep ran fine all day long, it has always taken a few turns of the key to get it to start. But when my wife shut it off at the trailhead after the trip it wouldn't restart. The electric fan at the radiator was running which is weird. I went to the rear and didn't hear the pump priming. So we towed it home. Here is what I have found.

Fuel pump seems to be getting power. +4 VDC and -4VDC show when ignition switch is turned on. Are these the correct voltages? Are there any relays or solenoids that the electric radiator fan and the fuel pump share?

As long as I have owned XJ's I've never noticed the fan running before the Jeep was running. The control switches are all in the off position so the temp switch is the only thing I can think that might affect the fan. I tried starting the Jeep again today in my garage and the fan still runs. Something is fishy besides the fuel pump I think. All $.02 are welcome. Thanks

Tyler