• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Eric's cage build

looks very nice eric!

Thanks for all the compliments. :roll:

Time for the front grill.

I knew it would be a tight fit, but that was an understatement! I already had some of the bottom parts trimmed away from my winch project and that helped. But in order to get this thing in there I started by separating the backs from where the headlights mount.

5669.jpg

Then a test fit (older pic) and of course it still wouldn't go...

5675.jpg

So it looks like I would just need to keep cutting some of the bottom parts away. I saved the bottom parts to reattach them later using some simple brackets to bolt them back together.

Now for the real thing. Gotta get the backs in first.

5809.jpg

And voila!

5813.jpg

After squeezing the grill surround in I bolted them back together.

5812.jpg

And got all the little stuff done. New KC lights, and a Jeep decal to finish it off.

5816.jpg

Some more pics:

5834.jpg

5833.jpg

I knew there would be a gap between the new fender and door but I didn't know how it would look until I got the doors on. I'm not too concerned about this because the doors come off for wheeling and hopefully I will have a set of tube doors done before summer.

5831.jpg

The doors stick out about an inch past the fenders. :)

5823.jpg

5830.jpg

And I was soo looking forward to driving it. But I decided to change the gear oil in the diffs and found I have two stripped bolt holes for the front diff cover, one of them being the very bottom bolt. :doh: It never fails.... :mad:

hmmm the doors sticking out like that could be a problem, but i am sure you commented earlier that you dont really plan on wheeling with your doors on, so it may not be that much of an issue

Wow very nice! The best front cage I have seen yet. Would love to see you fill the gap for the doors just so it would look that much better :D With your attention to detail I don't think it would be to hard! Again, very nice work!

For a while, Jeep offered a color called "Patriot Blue Metallic" or something like that and I bet your Jeep would look awesome if you painted it Patriot Blue!

Is that "Steves loop" trail? If not what trail is that?

Flex looks good, looks like you could have gone all the way to the top of that rock and then some more. Do you plan to run a limit strap, or do you already have one and I did not see it?

That grill just looks MEAN!!!!! :thumbup:

Is that "Steves loop" trail? If not what trail is that?

Flex looks good, looks like you could have gone all the way to the top of that rock and then some more. Do you plan to run a limit strap, or do you already have one and I did not see it?

That grill just looks MEAN!!!!! :thumbup:
Yes that is Steve's Loop. How do you know about that trail??

I do have a limiting strap. You can barely see it behind the brake line.

Back