• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

So I found a YJ D30 with an ARB for $300. Anything I should look out for if I pick this thing up? Plan on swapping it into my housing with 4.10 gears

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Check gear ratio. 3.73 is the break.

Im waiting to get the part number to verify, but its supposed to be set up with 3.73 gears ATM. Just a bit nervous about installing it. My buddy was going to install 4.10 gears in an open carrier, but he's never done an air locker before. not sure if there's a lot more involved other that drilling and tapping the housing for the air line.

No not yet. Pulled the gears from another D30. Was just going to install the open carrier, but the ARB seems like a good deal.

Loaded jeep on trailer last night getting ready for trip this weekend. Found out battery is junk in it. Get new battery from Napa today and get home to find driver side front axle seal leaking gear oil. Great. No time to fix so gonna keep it filled and just watch it. Always something needing fixed.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

It wasn't leaking the other day when I moved it. Went and put it on trailer and it's not leaking. Will just keep an eye on it. Maybe it will stop

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

So I found a YJ D30 with an ARB for $300. Anything I should look out for if I pick this thing up? Plan on swapping it into my housing with 4.10 gears

Make sure it's not the older style arb...I can't remember the model number, but the older ones had bolts that would walk out and grenade the whole thing

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back