• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

realized this past weekend I am too young to have this much stress......so, I am going to acheive to be debt free, minus a house paument, in 1 year or less. I am literally willing to sell everything I own (minus wife and kid). Spoke w/ an auctioneer today about the house and land prices......I have to explain to Camille that once you take emoion out of all this stuff, it really is a business, and if a business can not support itself then it is time to go. I am sure it will not fly with her family, but who cares, they cause 90% of the problems. Next up will be to decide where we want to move too and if we want to transfer to another state etc. Decisions, decisions.......

Cheese "big move, but will be well worth it" Man

realized this past weekend I am too young to have this much stress......so, I am going to acheive to be debt free, minus a house paument, in 1 year or less. I am literally willing to sell everything I own (minus wife and kid). Spoke w/ an auctioneer today about the house and land prices......I have to explain to Camille that once you take emoion out of all this stuff, it really is a business, and if a business can not support itself then it is time to go. I am sure it will not fly with her family, but who cares, they cause 90% of the problems. Next up will be to decide where we want to move too and if we want to transfer to another state etc. Decisions, decisions.......

This was my biggest delima about buying the trans am. We are/were debt free except for house and my student loan (student loan is so low intrest rate I dan't care to pay it off early). But I will have the TA paid for in 3 months.....

As long as they are as good as OEM, i don't see why not. I'd get brown dogs when you can though.

^ Like

Tyler, are you thinking about selling out your share of the farm? I understand your PoV, but man..... I would be very careful about springing this on the rest of the folks in the operation. Those dynamics can get ugly very fast (but you know that already.)

well i survived...this is usually the biggest train wreck festival of the year and it went about as smoothly as it could. oh and tyler...the view from stage got much more interesting as the night went on. no pics of that though.

first band of the day...art of dying. SUPER nice dudes. its always nice when musicians take the time to come say thanks and shake your hand after their done playing.

0513121332.jpg

chevelle was probably the best band on our stage for the day heres a shot from my point of view. they had their own monitor tech so i got to chill out and watch the show.

0513121850.jpg

here is a crowd shot during the headliner...i couldnt see the fans in front of the other stage until they lit their lighters. it looked pretty neat from where i was sitting...

0513122135.jpg

very tired today...basically i got home from the show load out, slept an hour and went to another show load in. this lifestyle hurts a lot more than it used to!

if they are the anchor ones, they are not so hot...i got those ones from rock auto and they appear to be starting to crack only after one year in the engine bay
I bought those and was so disappointed in their quality I used them for some random project instead of the jeep. Wasn't worth the shipping money and hassle to return them. I'd rather run unbroken junkyard OEM ones than Anchors.

Looks like a good time.... but, oh,me achin' back.

The Steve Winwood show on Friday night was pretty well staged. Only the 2nd show of the tour, and the sound guys missed a couple of early cues and had a little feedback problem here and there. Instrumentals were generally very good, lead vocals as well, backing vocals were pretty low for the first 30 minutes.

Unlike a lot of modern acts, Winwood & his band have a very simple stage presence. They just walk on stage, and start playing, no introductions. Lighting is little more than color washes & solo highlighting, but very well done. Every member of the band has his featured solo performance, and Winwood does appear to make the effort to recognize everyone on stage.

This is one of the shows that I'll go back to again and again.

I bought those and was so disappointed in their quality I used them for some random project instead of the jeep. Wasn't worth the shipping money and hassle to return them. I'd rather run unbroken junkyard OEM ones than Anchors.

Ive got junkyard mounts in mine lol. Youpull, 6 bucks a pair. Im needing to get a trans mount

like^ ive managed to survive my youth without a lot of debt....my stuff aint as cool but i dont worry about paying for any of it!

They just walk on stage, and start playing, no introductions.

no frills...exactly how i like things. im not much into hard rock, though i do dig some of it. my favorite shows are when the band comes on, gives a hell of a show, shows gratitude to their fans and gets the heck off aaaaaand they know how to treat all of the people who make the shows happen. the entertainment industry works best when people know how to collaborate :)

Well... at the other end of the spectrum are things like Pink Floyd and Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It all depends on the performers. Where things go off the rails are when it just doesn't hold together.

One other thing I noticed about the lighting (and staging in general.) This was a budget production, all traditional fixed instruments & a couple of follow spots. No full motion instruments. And all cabled microphones & instruments, no wireless devices at all.

Family Farms are both a Business and a Home. I don't have to explain it to you that a family's Land is taken very seriously. You farm it, you hunt on it for food or sport, your community relationship is built on how much you share your land for hunting or winter recreation. It's a personal thing that goes beyond being a business.

You sell the Farm, and you will likely never own more land than a 1/16 Acre urban lot.

You may think on ways to change your business model to increase profits. Don't know what your model is now, but if you are considering leaving the Business, it obviously isn't working as well as you would like. I've seen farms change to Alpaca production, Sheep, Corn Mazes in the fall (there are some intricate ones around here), Steers instead of Dairy...

'Course, if you are not all that attached to the land, and just want to get out... Not sure what kind of business relationship you have with the relatives, but if they are partners, perhaps they will buy you out given the option.It may assuage feelings if they are given 1st pick.

Good Luck!

no frills...exactly how i like things. im not much into hard rock, though i do dig some of it. my favorite shows are when the band comes on, gives a hell of a show, shows gratitude to their fans and gets the heck off aaaaaand they know how to treat all of the people who make the shows happen. the entertainment industry works best when people know how to collaborate :)

I like...no love...bands that not only play well, but also put on a show. Take this video for example. The lighting is crazy awesome with depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KrLWFvulPQ

Ive got junkyard mounts in mine lol. Youpull, 6 bucks a pair. Im needing to get a trans mount
I'm running mounts in the MJ that came with one of the motors I bought off here... I don't even remember which. I went to replace the mounts, pulled the old one out, then got the new ones out of the box, decided against those, and swiped the ones off a random engine sitting in the corner of the yard instead.

Back