• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

44s & a 3 link

my wj pump bolted in no problem. just take the adapter off the old xj pump and block off the other return hole.

Little more complicated, you have to take the high pressure fitting off the XJ pump and put it on the WJ pump. Also tap the mounting holes using a 3/8 tap and enlarge the bracket holes to 3/8. Its not hard but it's not exactly bolt in. Also buy the one with the reservoir, XJ reservoir will not seal and you can't buy the WJ reservoir separately. I just finished bleeding this system (10 min ago) after having to buy another pump just to get the reservoir.

Thanks for clarifying :) I briefly read over a few threads. After going to the parts store and seeing the price of a 4.7l pump, I ended up buying an OE xj pump for $22 after core exchange and modding it.

-(2) ballistic fab poly bushings
I wouldn't run bushings unless you can't afford 2 more rod ends. Run all rod ends if you can.
One thing I regret and will change at some point.

The crossmember I made has the lower link mounts incorperated into it so if I have any trans issues and need to pull it I will have to drop the entire front end because it's connected to the cross member.
That was a DUH moment after the fact.
Stukboy
How often do you pull your trans out?
I'd rather have my links run up high on a crossmember than hang below the unirail.

Last edited:
Actually only once and hopefully not again.

My thought was to cut the crossmember just inside the "framerail" and weld plates to hold 4 bolts each side. then if there is an issue the links would stay put and the center of the crossmember would drop out. The crossmember would then be three pieces.
I did see it somewhere on this forum.

Stukboy

my wj pump bolted in no problem. just take the adapter off the old xj pump and block off the other return hole.

Might be a late/early model difference. I just looks at my dads 2000 and it looks like his is the same syle mounting as stock WJ. Different from my 92

Let me know what you may want for one of those minispools. Those things are awesome and I need one more for a front 44.

Let me know what you may want for one of those minispools. Those things are awesome and I need one more for a front 44.

If you wanna trade your spider gears, side gears, thrust washers, cross shaft pin and retainer pin, for my spool, ill do it.

Might be a late/early model difference. I just looks at my dads 2000 and it looks like his is the same syle mounting as stock WJ. Different from my 92

ah yes. the ps mounting did differ come 95 or 96. mine was a 97

If you wanna trade your spider gears, side gears, thrust washers, cross shaft pin and retainer pin, for my spool, ill do it.

I can do that. Please hit me up back channel and I will send it out.

One thing I regret and will change at some point.

The crossmember I made has the lower link mounts incorperated into it so if I have any trans issues and need to pull it I will have to drop the entire front end because it's connected to the cross member.
That was a DUH moment after the fact.
Stukboy

Why regret it?

How often are you dropping your transmission and/or pan?

Also if you carefully block the wheels and keep the axle and Jeep from moving you can drop the crossmember, just a few extra steps.

I've had my TNT Y-Link kit on since 2006 and haven't yet regretted the now harder to remove transmission. I even did an engine swap with it in place.

Update:

Still waiting on parts from Ballistic Fab and Ruff Stuff.

Ballistic stuff will be here friday, i have no idea when the ruff stuff has will be here.

I ordered everything on May 28th, at first ruff stuff was out of left handed jam nuts, and now i call today, and they are out of heims.:flamemad:

They should be getting the heims in either friday or monday, so hopefully, theyll ship early next week, and then ill have them in two weeks.

Dont get me wrong, Dan at ruff stuff is a great guy, their whole staff is, im just angry that its been 17 days, and my shit hasnt shipped out yet. Another thing that bothers me, is that i never recieve any emails or anything to tell me my stuff is backordered. Unlike ballistic fab which sends emails all the time, for everything, i like being updated.

If the rest of my shits not here in 2 weeks, then ill really be bitching.:gag:

Anyone know if hummer h3 wheels would work with waggy 44s, are the hub bores big enough on the h3 wheels. Is it possible to bore them out?

Update:

Still waiting on parts from Ballistic Fab and Ruff Stuff.

Ballistic stuff will be here friday, i have no idea when the ruff stuff has will be here.

I ordered everything on May 28th, at first ruff stuff was out of left handed jam nuts, and now i call today, and they are out of heims.:flamemad:

They should be getting the heims in either friday or monday, so hopefully, theyll ship early next week, and then ill have them in two weeks.

Dont get me wrong, Dan at ruff stuff is a great guy, their whole staff is, im just angry that its been 17 days, and my shit hasnt shipped out yet. Another thing that bothers me, is that i never recieve any emails or anything to tell me my stuff is backordered. Unlike ballistic fab which sends emails all the time, for everything, i like being updated.

If the rest of my shits not here in 2 weeks, then ill really be bitching.:gag:

Not that its right or anything but Dan just switched to a whole new system with his new website and has still been working the bugs out of it.

i had an issue when i ordered parts around that time for my jeep from dan, never got a confirmation email when i ordered. called him like a week later, 4 days later i had my parts.

IMG_20110625_022732.jpg

IMG_20110625_022629.jpg

Ive got everything i need except bolts. Home dipshit, and Lowes dont carry grade 5/8 3/4 bolts.

Got mine from Fastenal.

They had most everything I needed in stock.

I have an extra set of the link/shock/spring brackets that I don't need. Was gonne use them in the back but decided to do air shocks instead.

What joints??

Got mine from Fastenal.

They had most everything I needed in stock.

I have an extra set of the link/shock/spring brackets that I don't need. Was gonne use them in the back but decided to do air shocks instead.

What joints??

Ruff stuff heims, and ballistic poly joints.

Just ordered 9 feet of DOM tubing, 2' .250 wall from ballistic fab, 147 shipped. Thats after the Naxja discount and a 35$ gift certificate.

Just ordered 9 feet of DOM tubing, 2' .250 wall from ballistic fab, 147 shipped. Thats after the Naxja discount and a 35$ gift certificate.

That is heavy stuff. That price isn't 'too' bad.

Back