• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0l with 24lb injector question

Pronage

NAXJA Forum User
So i bought a 4.0l from a kid who bored it 30 and ground down the crank and re did the deck height and all that and for some reason he didnt go for a stroker so he just did all that and got a hesco adjustable fuel regulator and thought it would be ok.

My question is, can i dial down the regulator to get the right fuel pressure since its "adjustable"? or do i have to get new injectors.

You could try dropping the fuel pressure but, depending how low you go, there's a risk that the fuel won't be properly atomized.
Lowering the MAP sensor input voltage with a MAP adjuster is an effective alternative.

Apparently this guy is sayin that because it has 4 pintles with a fuel regulator and the drck height and crank and everything is done that the ecu will be able to regulate the fuel pressure and I won't have any problems. But I'm not quite sure that's correct and I don't see how 4 pintles vs 1 would make much difference

Its all about flow rates. 4 small holes vs 1 large hole.

Map adjuster is the way to go.

the ecu will be able to regulate the fuel pressure
ECU doesn't regulate the fuel pressure. An FPR may work and I would go with one of those before a MAP. Personally I would just put in the correct sized injectors. None of the modifications on that engine require a different sized injectors.

you can pick up a set of 19lb ford injectors cheap on ebay or where ever. would be a lot cheaper then a fuel pressure regulator and any headaches that will cause

you can pick up a set of 19lb ford injectors cheap on ebay or where ever. would be a lot cheaper then a fuel pressure regulator and any headaches that will cause

Already has the regulator on it. got it with the engine.

Already installed in the jeep but having starting troubles.

Back