• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rumours of my demise...

5-90

NAXJA Forum User
... have been greatly exaggerated.

However, the stories of my homelessness, et alia, are true. That's 2-1/3 years I don't care to repeat (I didn't want to repeat being homeless in the first place - my second trip through it, fortunately for my wife. And, we managed to get a 40-year-old motorhome to live in, so we weren't couch-surfing or out on the street the whole damn time.

Understandably, I've been focussed on rebuilding of late - we went from couch-surfing, to the motorhome, to a rather substandard mobile home, to a (now) acceptable apartment (which rooms we got by Dead Man's Boots enough...)

Thus explains my extended absence. I know, I've got to clean out my PM box - it's full. I'll probably end up doing a bulk delete, since I'm sure most of them are old enough to be invalid. I'll try to check in here from time to time (I'm still Jeepless, dammit! But, I haven't a place to park one at the moment...) so all I can do is live vicariously through you guys. Hoist one for me!

I leave you with this thought: "Veal cutlet walked over to beat the s*** outta my cuppa coffee. Coffee just wasn't strong enough to defend itself..."

It is good to hear that things are looking up for you.

Thank you both. I do hope to begin contributing again - soon. But, now is not the time, I'm not quite "there" yet (if take my meaning.)

For those of you who are members of other boards who have members wondering where the Hell I've been, point them here. I honestly don't want to explain it six or eight times.

"Ladies & gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants, and slide on the ice!"

HEY MAN!! :wave::wave: I have all but given up on you but there was always a little glimmer of hope. I miss and we all miss your very valuable and knowledgeable comments on this board,... always helpful with input based on research and experience.

Welcome back. Happy days are here again. :clap:party1:

Welcome back! It's great to see you on the boards again. I hope things continue to improve for you.

I remember one of the things I came across and was wishing you were still around so I could pester you:

http://www.naxja.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43081

I am guessing you never finished that project, but what did you learn in the process of collecting parts?

I will go bump that thread and ask my questions there.

I lived full-time in a motorhome for three years after my divorce and never considered myself homeless. In fact, I prefered it over living in an apartment. Welcome back anyway.

Welcome back! I hope things continue to get better for you!

x2 on the welcome back - glad to hear you're still among the living. Sorry to hear you had to go through a bit of a rough patch, but it sounds like you're on the upswing, though, and that's good to hear.

Looking forward to seeing you knocking around the boards a bit again...

Get back on that horse!

I think I saw you in a video the other day:

Did you ever get that walk?

Not dead. Been dead a couple of times now, and this doesn't feel like dead.

Didn't get that walk yet, but I have lost 40# - I'm only 15# off target now...

Hi 5-90, glad to see you posting.

I very recently got into the XJ world and in my search for better battery cables found threads that were many years old saying that you sold some of the best cables around.

Do you still sell those or are they a thing of the past? If not, do you have any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks

Who's 5-90? Just Kidding. You are a legend in the XJ community.

Welcome back! Even if you don't have an XJ yet, and you will, you're still regarded as the expert mechanic. Well at least I think so! :)

Glad to have you back! :cheers:

glad to hear things are turning in the right direction for you.
keep up the fight, alot of us have been in similar situations and we're pulling for you.

Back