• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New pos

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
New project. And another new wj too. Need to get pics. Tapatalk for the pics !

a5bcef02f901bff5f335b41fc358ffb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The vista cruiser . You could literally cruise the vistas.

Haha thanks !
It looks a little ugly outside but the inside is in killer awesome shape for being an 83. All the windows seem to work(including the tail gate window!) , lights work, starts right up and idles and drives, and best part is I traded a bunch of WJ parts for it.

It will get some fresh paint and wood decals next year. For now :
a radiator,
plugs, cap and rotor,
o2 sensor,
accelerator pump for the carb,
some interior lighting,
wiper blades,
sand off the rust and paint rust spots
new brakes, flush brakes,
change all fluids
trans filter, air filter fuel filter,
new 30" tires
Maybe a bluetooth deck and new speakers, but the current radio and speakers work fine.
Pray it smogs.

and I might heat gun off the faded decals. Not sure yet.

I would not be surprised if I did some fresh leaves or 2" leaves and new shocks at some point, but for now, it drives super smooth and I dont want to mess with it a whole lot other than getting it smogged and new tires.

I found some cheap automotive wood grain vinyl decals on eBay. I ordered some samples. Once I pick a color, I will try them out on a whole side to see how it looks.

Nice man! Those are getting popular again. I vote for leaving the outside alone and throw some bigger all terrains on it, get the maintenance stuff all done, and just enjoy it. What's the drivetrain?

360 v8, auto trans, supposedly rebuilt in the 1980s or 1990s, auto, AMC 20 rear, lp44 front. I need to check the tag on the tcase.

guy I bought it from had purchased it in 1995. it was his daily driver until around 2010 or something.

windows all roll up, even the tail gate window. so awesome.

Picked up some 30" mud tires from ClydeFrog tonight. His LS swapped XJ is so badass.

I need to at least do new wood vinyl and sand and paint the rust, I cant stand to look at the faded old wood , its my favorite part of these old Waggys.

Gordon Id love to have you over to check it out man. let me know .

Just need to smog it

goal is to leave it stock .

Yep, got some vinyl in the mail to test out. I think I have a color figured out. Just a matter of getting the old stuff off (its all so faded and peeled just the backing is left ... )

That is badass! I want one. It's got just the right amount of "patina" too...not so clean where if /when you get a ding or two you won't get too upset.

Smogged this turd. Coming soon hopefully a 2.5” bastardm lift , shocks from letterman, and some steering work . After that new vinyl wood grain from eBay and maybe clear coat the rust
c3ad4fe3d61e3b3ae26776f6616815b5.jpg
8c53690ae1a84dd3e06ae1c69a580a0f.jpg

Lifted the rear around 3.5” with 4 j10 leaves added in each pack. Also found a major fuel leak, 2 bad tres, and what seem to be some toasted wheel bearings up front.

39c93dfa7b79eec36b3956f6bfbace66.jpg

81ac69e412ad2bb66d83693c08e7682e.jpg

9 leaves packs now. Just need some 2.5” front leaves .

Just for a reference point- rear fender used to be covering at least 1” of the rear tire.

Back